Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

About 4" here for July and most of it from 2 events. Wished we had more stuff spaced out, but compared to the .4" from last year..I will take it. 

About the same here... ~4.25" for the month though it was spread out pretty nicely so I've had to water the garden very few times this summer.

Thats half of what fell in June though when it rained like 24 days of the month.  One of the Stowe CoCoRAHS stations had 9.74" for the month of June about 3 miles NW of me closer to the Spine.  I had about 8.5".

It has been quite the summer for radiational cooling, clear and calm with afternoon dew points in the 50s.  This afternoon was 80/51 at 4pm, dry heat with sharp drop in temps with the sunset.  Fake heat?  Ha.

Today's evening radiational cooling drop once the sun dipped behind the Spine was 11F at MVL in 1 hour...17F in 2 hours. 

7pm... 77F

8pm... 66F

9pm... 60F

Even BTV lost 7F in an hour and 10F in two hours this evening, which is quite rare for them due to the omnipresent breeze.

59 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Active aftn this aftn potentially away from seabreeze.

Bummed I'm in Boston today.  :(  I'll be working from home tomorrow; hopefully there will be something then.

38 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Soaking summer that will be remembered for heavy rains and dews, not heat.. lives on!

I think there were more COC low-dew days than there were high dew days. At least in relation to normal.  This summer is much more memorable for that and the comfy temps.

Archived