joxey
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Didn't you post this yesterday?

It changed at 00z to a much cooler look than that 12z run yesterday.

I do think there will be some hotter weather in August though for sure.  It's bound to happen at some point.

That map wasn't even that warm here yet. Pretty red sfc high pressure colors ftl.

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

That map wasn't even that warm here yet. Pretty red sfc high pressure colors ftl.

I commented on this myself in the other thread...  I didn't even consider this, though - ha!

this is a pressure pattern anomaly product and actually says 0 about temperatures.  

anyway, my own contentions on even establishing that look are valid too but..heh..  As I said, there may in fact be reasons to go hot next month, but that product ain't it -

37 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I was gonna say (but i wanted to finish catching up in case someone finally pointed it out)...why are pressure anomalies supposed to prove a warm signal?

On 7/24/2017 at 0:18 PM, Ginx snewx said:
2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Didn't you post this yesterday?

It changed at 00z to a much cooler look than that 12z run yesterday.

I do think there will be some hotter weather in August though for sure.  It's bound to happen at some point.

It is sad when all you have to base your hope on is a tweet that says "MAY torch, for a TIME. 

15 minutes ago, eekuasepinniW said:

I definitely need my own obs tower.  285' would be the tallest building in all of NNE I believe.

So cool how much difference even that height makes in weather obs, wind mostly but on radiating days, temps near the ground can be 5-10 degrees lower in the AM

Archived