SnowHabit
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Pouring.

55F here and 45F up at the picnic tables.  They should be able to drop down towards 40F later today.  Can MWN make it down near freezing?

Nice late July bright banding circle too, albeit its location away from the radar makes me think the snow level is at like 7,000-8,000ft.

Looks like 700mb temps approaching 1C in spots up there, so it could be some melted flakes. Though 700mb is more like 9000-9500 feet.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Looks like 700mb temps approaching 1C in spots up there, so it could be some melted flakes. Though 700mb is more like 9000-9500 feet.

Ahh yeah higher than I thought.  Seems to be bright banding though by the even circle around the radar site on the edges.

But I forget that I use the 2.4 degree scan to accurately see over the mountains as that's the first scan height that'll clear the Spine of the Greens, so yeah its high up there at that distance.

Found the jackpot...looks like the St Lawrence River Valley in NY got crushed.  Up to half a foot for some.

Issue the next few hours will be threat for additional flooding
in southern parts of St Lawrence County. Radar estimates
indicate a few locations in excess of 6" since 1am this morning
within a 40 mile long/10 mile wide east-west oriented heavy
rainfall footprint. This seems quite reasonable given 5.65"
measured at the NY State Mesonet site in Hammond as of 1005am,
and a few other mesonet sites in the area showing almost 4".

6 minutes ago, tamarack said:

The Clifton site (about 20 miles E of BGR) must be like that place in CT that's always 10F colder than anyone else in the area.  No surprise seeing Estcourt Station atop the list.

That was yesterday morning, no?  That list at least.  Not replying to you in particular Tamarack, haha.

11 minutes ago, tamarack said:

The Clifton site (about 20 miles E of BGR) must be like that place in CT that's always 10F colder than anyone else in the area.  No surprise seeing Estcourt Station atop the list.

http://mesowest.utah.edu/cgi-bin/droman/meso_base_dyn.cgi?stn=ME004&year1=2017&month1=7&day1=23&hour1=16&past=1&time=GMT

There was one bad ob in there that spit out an error (0C or 32F). I would've thought they'd have caught that before posting it.

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Scooters on vaca up at his cabin in Winni huddling around in a circle swaying back and forth arms all interlocked playing You sunk my battleship as they try to stay warm 

Hopefully he didn't listen to your forecast of 70s and a few isolated showers today.

Archived