Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

14 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It's been meh dews. More spin than an EF5.

He's already forgotten some of the recent summers in the past five years where it's 70+ Td for five or more days type stuff at the ASOS.  

BDL had another below normal min of 62F this morning.  Dews in the low 60s in mid-July.  Torrid.

Reaching.  I got down to Woodstock, CT around midnight last night.  Beautiful sleeping weather here in NE CT with the windows open.  My folks put AC in here now that they've retired and are here full time in the summer, especially after the past few summers with some long stretches of heat and humidity, and they have only turned it on a couple times apparently so far.

Last summer when I visited we were having lows in the mid/upper 70s type stuff where it's 82F at midnight.  

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Lol at meh dews. It's been a humid summer especially 2nd half of June and certainly post July 4th. Tip verified it

Wait, if it's been so humid since June, why am I sitting at #11 "coolest" July based mostly on low temps?  June was #7.  We've had a few days here and there but for the most part it's been pretty normal to below normal.

11 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

Wait, if it's been so humid since June, why am I sitting at #11 "coolest" July based mostly on low temps?  June was #7.  We've had a few days here and there but for the most part it's been pretty normal to below normal.

Facts are irrelevant.  But I get it, been a rough summer for the HHH so he's got to try and convince himself of something good.  

It is beautiful out here in Woodstock...this is essentially Chamber weather in July.  Breezy, blue sky, temps upper 70s with dews 60-65F....I do think the definition changes throughout the year with climo.     

Though it more just feels like normal summer.  Seasons in seasons with dead on normal temps.

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Facts are irrelevant.  But I get it, been a rough summer for the HHH so he's got to try and convince himself of something good.  

It is beautiful out here in Woodstock...this is essentially Chamber weather in July.  Breezy, blue sky, temps upper 70s with dews 60-65F....I do think the definition changes throughout the year with climo.     

Though it more just feels like normal summer.  Seasons in seasons with dead on normal temps.

So now dews in the 60's are comfortable? Good Lord.. talk about spinning. I'm out 

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It's been a very average summer temp and dew wise...which is devastating for those who thrive on extremes. Doldrums = defense mechanisms.

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

So now dews in the 60's are comfortable? Good Lord.. talk about spinning. I'm out 

In April/May and even early June maybe?  It's mid-July with dews in the low 60s.

God I hope you aren't running your AC right now.  

Im tempted to drive to Tolland to see what the tropics feel like.  This is windows rolled down in your car weather for this time of year.

Climo changes so do expectations through the year.  Humid is probably more like upper 60s to 70F+ now.  Just like how in April it feels humid with a dew above 50F lol.

This is like Chamber weather for July.  No hazy hot humid in sight.  

IMG_6396.JPG.51e8488f935b3a45097a898a5717a834.JPG

12 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It's been a very average summer temp and dew wise...which is devastating for those who thrive on extremes. Doldrums = defense mechanisms.

Last July BDL was 88.9/64...with 17 days above 90F and 16 days of mins above 65F.

This July is running 83.5/62.7 with 1 day of 90F and 5 days of mins above 65F.  

Think about that, July 16th with only one single 90F degree day in CT this month.

Edit:  Missed July 2nds high of 90F so 1 day this year.

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

In April/May and even early June maybe?  It's mid-July with dews in the low 60s.

God I hope you aren't running your AC right now.  

Im tempted to drive to Tolland to see what the tropics feel like.  This is windows rolled down in your car weather for this time of year.

Climo changes so do expectations through the year.

This is like Chamber weather for July.  

IMG_6396.JPG.51e8488f935b3a45097a898a5717a834.JPG

IMHO. when dews get into the 70's it's humid in the middle of summer.

What lake are you on? I think you've mentioned it before, but obviously I forgot.

11 minutes ago, NECT said:

IMHO. when dews get into the 70's it's humid in the middle of summer.

What lake are you on? I think you've mentioned it before, but obviously I forgot.

I don't even know to be honest what it's name is or if it has a name?  I think it may even be a Pond technically?  It's what the Woodstock Town Beach is on and our family has always referred to it as The Lake lol.  It's at the end of Pond Factory Road and we are just off that on the hill.  

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I don't even know to be honest what it's name is or if it has a name?  I think it may even be a Pond technically?  It's what the Woodstock Town Beach is on and our family has always referred to it as The Lake lol.  It's at the end of Pond Factory Road and we are just off that on the hill.  

This is where it is...the northern end is on the state border...I can walk to Mass in 15 minutes.  It's about 700ft and radiates pretty well in a slight bowl.

I figure the climate is pretty darn close to Metherbs and enjoy his stats for that reason..

IMG_6397.PNG.e125244686a437232d01484826d27acf.PNG

38 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That's Pond Factory. At least that's what everyone calls it. Nice area. Secluded and quiet but not remote.

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Lol at meh dews. It's been a humid summer especially 2nd half of June and certainly post July 4th. Tip verified it

hehhh... that part of what I was musing  was conjecture - in the spirit of commiseration. That statement of mine probably should be verified before citing it as such ...

It certainly seems like:

a cool pattern

a neutral temperature

with elevated DPs...

"seems" is different than facts tho -

Hey weatherfella!  

So Guys: Wanted to just inform you all that my seemingly Yearly Jazz Concert, which is the Only Public Concert I give every year it seems in all of New England, will be This Saturday the 22nd, at 8pm in Woonsocket.  Would just Truly truly LOVE to see some of you Weather Nuts there.  I'll have to get you a special table!    

Info Here - Cory Pesaturo and Quartet Live at Chan's  

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Wouldn't you go south for summer and north for winter ? 

No.   At least the winter part.  Hard to navigate outdoors in winter as you go through your 70s and beyond.  I would probably look at places like CA, NC, and MAYBE FL but more likely somewhere warm abroad.  While I'm working we'll stay here and as a general sense stay put until our daughter graduates college which is 5 years away.  May stop working before then though.

24 minutes ago, weathafella said:

No.   At least the winter part.  Hard to navigate outdoors in winter as you go through your 70s and beyond.  I would probably look at places like CA, NC, and MAYBE FL but more likely somewhere warm abroad.  While I'm working we'll stay here and as a general sense stay put until our daughter graduates college which is 5 years away.  May stop working before then though.

Yeah you should retire asap. I'd like to live on SC coast in spring /summer and Jackson ,NH area in winter. That's my general plan . Whether or not it happens as kids get older remains to be seen 

Possibly the best all-around summer day I've had in a while here in CT no less...hot enough you know it's July but no need for AC and only a few fair weather Cu this afternoon that are now dissipating with beautiful evening light and no haze at all.

Recent late afternoon obs...figure we are somewhere in the middle of this triangle of ASOS.

IJD 88/62

BDL 86/60

ORH 82/55

Fridge stocked with 48 TreeHouse brews...Julius the favorite so far.  Gonna try Alter Ego next.

Archived