joxey
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

The pool is taking a heavy hit today.  Tomorrow will be similar

While I would love 80s with low dews, this 57F air feels much better than the swampazz we had earlier

Someone mentioned how it would suck to be on vacation (beach, mountains, camping etc) this week.    Agree violently

I don't think people realize how impressive it is to get temps falling during a July day when the temp is already in the low 60s to start.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I don't think people realize how impressive it is to get temps falling during a July day when the temp is already in the low 60s to start.

Yeah this was legit.  

Seasonal extremes in seasons.

The hot summer continues...tomorrow another day in the 60s and then the forecast calls for us to reach the low 80s next Wednesday, maybe the hottest temps of the month can be reached then.

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

The pool is taking a heavy hit today.  Tomorrow will be similar

While I would love 80s with low dews, this 57F air feels much better than the swampazz we had earlier

Someone mentioned how it would suck to be on vacation (beach, mountains, camping etc) this week.    Agree violently

I would love someone to provide an example on what they will do or are doing outside tonight to take advantage of April in July 

21 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah this was legit.  

Seasonal extremes in seasons.

The hot summer continues...tomorrow another day in the 60s and then the forecast calls for us to reach the low 80s next Wednesday, maybe the hottest temps of the month can be reached then.

It's a nice break. Sure I wish it would be sunny, but this is a nice break from the swamp of yesterday. 

54 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I would love someone to provide an example on what they will do or are doing outside tonight to take advantage of April in July 

Played golf. It was actually pretty nice to walk without sweating. Other than being wet from rain earlier today, it was nearly perfect. 

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Looks like they just dipped to a TD of 39F...I'm assuming that 32 is a typo as I'm seeing 42F this afternoon there?

Given that a low of 39-42F seems reasonable with clear/calm conditions.

Weird. I swear I clicked on their mesowest obs earlier and they were 32F. Oops.

9 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

i enjoyed getting a little yard work done without sweating my nads off. 

9 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Let's ask your question in reverse. Can you provide an example of how it would be more physically comfortable to partake in any outdoor activity besides swimming when it's 87/73? 

9 hours ago, dendrite said:

Weird. I swear I clicked on their mesowest obs earlier and they were 32F. Oops.

Ha. Just looked in my history and realized I typoed and entered 6/13 for the date. Oops.

http://mesowest.utah.edu/cgi-bin/droman/meso_base_dyn.cgi?stn=KFVE&year1=2017&month1=6&day1=13&hour1=23&past=1&time=GMT

Archived