Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

No comparisons to last year flying moths, couple here and there. Look at egg sack numbers later. I think it's over for extreme stripping of leaves next year.

Considered yourself lucky.  Talked to a couple friends who rode through SE Ma and RI on bikes and said the moths are much worse than last year. Nasty here in Metro-West Boston.

It must've been tough seeing the meso be strongest just before and after Tolland.

If I'm being generous I could squeeze out a Vr shear of 20 knots east of Stafford Springs, but that's still on the marginal side for a TOR.

The Mansfield tornado was closer to the 25 knot threshold you like to see.

15 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

It must've been tough seeing the meso be strongest just before and after Tolland.

If I'm being generous I could squeeze out a Vr shear of 20 knots east of Stafford Springs, but that's still on the marginal side for a TOR.

The Mansfield tornado was closer to the 25 knot threshold you like to see.

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Thank you

lol, there's a disconnect between these two posts it seems? Lets see some images of this "if I'm generous I could maybe see a marginal TOR" storm.

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

lol, there's a disconnect between these two posts it seems? Lets see some images of this "if I'm generous I could maybe see a marginal TOR" storm.

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Confirms fakenado.

Looks like the BOX 0.5 degree velocity data was corrupted, but 0.9 covers it around 6,000 feet. 

kbox_20130710_2032_BR_0.9.thumb.png.379e20671bcc31a437ff0be1a2900347.png

Or would you rather have this

kbox_20130710_2125_BR_0.9.thumb.png.2c1dd83bf59958ad34d903ca53845b3c.png

4 minutes ago, eekuasepinniW said:

I could actually use some rain.  Last meaningful rain was 11 days ago and the grass is browning up pretty quick now.

Still good here, but you missed the storms the other day. That one flattened my cabbage seedlings.

I was reading the Wikipedia article on the '38 Hurricane this morning and a sentence jumped out to me: "It was only the third hurricane to strike New England since 1635."  I guess it depends on ones definition of "strike" because Wikipedia lists dozens of storms between 1635 and 1938 but I thought I would through it out to the collective minds here to validate that statement.  Were there only three land falling hurricanes between 1635 and 1938?

Archived