Newest Member
    Dano62
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, WxBlue said:

Well, look like I'll be posting in this regional forum more often now that I've moved to New Hampshire from North Carolina. It'll be a big adjustment weather-wise, but I'm glad to get away from southern heat :)

Welcome. You'll miss the heat after your first spring in Dover. :lol:

3 hours ago, WxBlue said:

Well, look like I'll be posting in this regional forum more often now that I've moved to New Hampshire from North Carolina. It'll be a big adjustment weather-wise, but I'm glad to get away from southern heat :)

Welcome aboard the crazy train 

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Welcome. You'll miss the heat after your first spring in Dover. :lol:

Haha, it'll be hard to miss weeks with the dew point above 70° F :) Thanks!

34 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Welcome aboard the crazy train 

Thanks! Looking forward to experience my first northern winter. 

Is there an (relatively) easy way to access temperature data for a station?  There's something I want to do which involves choosing one station from each state (only one for now and maybe build upon it more one day) and collecting every day since the stations records began and jot down all 90F days.  I would also try and get 925mb temps, 850mb temps, 800mb, 700mb, 650mb, and 600mb (for the locations where the sfc may begin at 850 or whatever) 

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

Is there an (relatively) easy way to access temperature data for a station?  There's something I want to do which involves choosing one station from each state (only one for now and maybe build upon it more one day) and collecting every day since the stations records began and jot down all 90F days.  I would also try and get 925mb temps, 850mb temps, 800mb, 700mb, 650mb, and 600mb (for the locations where the sfc may begin at 850 or whatever) 

http://mesowest.utah.edu/cgi-bin/droman/mesomap.cgi?state=CT&rawsflag=3

Had two brief showers roll off the mountain today (orographic cold pool type light/brief stuff) but otherwise what an awesome day.

High of 75F after a nice night of sleeping weather in the low 50s last night. 

Still haven't used the AC at all this summer or even need to think about it.

Funny we are now just about a third through the month of July and the highest temperatures recorded so far have been:

BTV...84F

MVL...82F

MPV...81F

Looking at the forecast, it should be tough to get higher than those values over the next 7 days, so we may be in like mid-July with the warmest monthly temperatures in the low-80s.  That's pretty crazy to me.

Gorgeous day here today mid to upper 70s in the valleys, upper 60s at 2K...went up to VT to check on things and found some newly dead balsam firs. I'm not sure what's happening, but there's definitely some affliction killing them. Sadly, it's not unique to my property either as there are a lot of similar looking trees around.

rsz_img_2129.jpg

rsz_img_2131.jpg

19 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I can think of someone.

Someone is throwing their laptop out the window in disgust at so many people enjoying this beautiful weather. 

17 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Seasons in seasons.  Today was typical July warm downslope low dew air.

82/49 at BOS for the 5pm observation sounds delightful for in the city.

I'm thinking DIT wouldn't think that's seasons in seasons though by his definition, lol, which is more like seasonal extremes in seasons.

Archived