Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

What's with all the clouds in GC?  No mention in forecast or AFD.

Full on,low dew, bluebird in Truro.

Just hit a secluded kettle Pond, heading out to national seashore after some lunch at the camp. We can actually walk to Head of the Meadow Beach from our campsite!

23 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I was on a ladder painting the Pit most of the day, so it didn't both me much.  My mother-in-law was bummed by it though.  When the sun was out, it was beautiful....it just wasn't out too much.

There were a few puffy cu here , but not one ever shielded the sun. Not even for a second 

8 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Full on,low dew, bluebird in Truro.

Just hit a secluded kettle Pond, heading out to national seashore after some lunch at the camp. We can actually walk to Head of the Meadow Beach from our campsite!

North of Highland?  That's a great campground for that reason, and the adjacent town beach is.entirely free.  No campfires is the drawback but you may be able to have one on the beach.  

1 hour ago, radarman said:

North of Highland?  That's a great campground for that reason, and the adjacent town beach is.entirely free.  No campfires is the drawback but you may be able to have one on the beach.  

You got it.  You can have beach fire with town permit.  The sunset pic I posted was from Corn Hill beach on the bay side.  Fire works all the way around the arm of the Cape tonight. 

9 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

What used to be an enjoyable day is now spent attempting to keep a scared dog calm during all the neighbors fireworks.  :(

Right , but this year it was a 4 days (nights) of it

6 minutes ago, S&P said:

Right , but this year it was a 4 days (nights) of it

Exactly right. Funny thing is where I live, last night was actually the quieter of the whole weekend. My dog wants us to leave the house because she senses danger. When you take her out to pee, she runs right back in the first pop. Can't win, days of whining 

Archived