Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This is insane.  I'm just getting a feel for how high the water got last night in Stowe and this may have beat Irene.  

Like a 5-10 foot rise last night for a rest.  There's debris way up in trees and lots of damage.  Whole trees sitting in weird areas, etc.

Keep us posted with damage pics

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This is insane.  I'm just getting a feel for how high the water got last night in Stowe and this may have beat Irene.  

Like a 5-10 foot rise last night for a rest.  There's debris way up in trees and lots of damage.  Whole trees sitting in weird areas, etc.

You the pic ho and no pics, WTF 

Pics or it didn't happen.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Man... DPs surged into the 90th percentile for this region when this line of dying convection wafted through.  We set at 75/74 right now here in town and looking around there are a lot of DPs between 70 and 75 cross the pan-wide region of SNE. 

Call me a dork but that's interesting -

Look at where these tree trunks ended up...that's some powerful water and it is at least 6 to 8 feet above the water level this afternoon.  Where I was standing was raging water last night and the dog would've been swept away where she is now.  The dog park path here lost about 5 feet of erosion too.

19575042_10103056286264690_2724183227178

56 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Man... DPs surged into the 90th percentile for this region when this line of dying convection wafted through.  We set at 75/74 right now here in town and looking around there are a lot of DPs between 70 and 75 cross the pan-wide region of SNE. 

Call me a dork but that's interesting -

Scooter will say that's not correct and cite ASOS

9 hours ago, powderfreak said:

iPhone photo of the flash flooding damage up near the base of the ski resort.

That's a garage at the state park.

June_30_SkiDorm.jpg.752a6b16fb67112d9d8287053bb88a51.jpg

9 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Sweet, up to .95" on the day now.    Sure hope we can get some more tomorrow.

:unsure:

Shoddy Vermont craftsmanship.   :)

You folks have been pummeled.

10 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

That was quite the deluge.   Some ok thunder and lightning in light to mod rain for a while, but then it became very tropical.   The pool def is benefiting from all of this water.

I ran the hose to the pool yesterday afternoon to ensure that I'd get some rain.  Per Chris, it looks like we got close to an inch--pretty righteous.

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

About .15" here. Nice morning though.  Should be active in northern and western New England again. 

BOX is saying activity to kick in around 4:00.  Does that look right to you?  I'm going to be in New London for a few hours today; I'd hate to miss a good storm by not heading home in time.

22 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

BOX is saying activity to kick in around 4:00.  Does that look right to you?  I'm going to be in New London for a few hours today; I'd hate to miss a good storm by not heading home in time.

Yeah that sounds about right. 

Archived