Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Hiking right now and standing at 3,600ft it is absolutely gorgeous out.

68/48 at the ASOS and 55F at 4kft.

Crisp blue sky dotted with increasingly tall Cu.   Nice flat bases with a few Virga streaks starting to appear.

Perfect day.  I can post some photos later to show you how terrible it is outside right now...know you've probably locked yourself in your bathroom with the shower on hot to get the right dewpoints ;).

All these COC is great posts and it's rained everyday except yesterday . What a busted COC k

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who wants stagnant HHH weather...  I like the last several days actually - close to the westerlies with some instability to work with daily is far more entertaining than sitting around under a capped atmosphere in an inferno.  It's interesting if it breaks records from a purely statistical/Met thing but if we're in this bag for fun (which most are) ... boring -

The only reason to embrace heat is for crispies... If we don't get those, what's entertaining -

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

All these COC is great posts and it's rained everyday except yesterday . What a busted COC k

You've got it backwards... when the dews come so do the rains.  This is a much drier stretch than the last round of dews that rained for days straight.

And it looks like it does it again Thursday through Sunday.

I'm not sure what you've been smoking but this stretch has been much drier than the dewy times. 

Yay for dews returning, so it can rain every single day and night.

Thursday
Occasional showers. Highs in the upper 60s. South winds around 10 mph. Chance of rain 90 percent.
Thursday Night
Occasional showers. Lows around 60. Chance of rain 80 percent.
Friday
Showers likely with a chance of thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 70s. Chance of rain 60 percent.
Friday Night
Showers likely with a chance of thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 60s. Chance of rain 60 percent.
Saturday
Showers and thunderstorms. Highs around 80. Chance of rain 90 percent.
Saturday Night
Showers and thunderstorms likely. Lows in the mid 60s. Chance of rain 70 percent.
Sunday
Showers likely with a chance of thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 70s. Chance of rain 70 percent.
Sunday Night
Showers likely. Lows in the upper 50s. Chance of rain 60 percent.

11 minutes ago, eekuasepinniW said:

I'm nervously watching that ferocious storm trying to slither up from the south. I'll pass on today's offerings.

Enjoy the exhaust. There's a weak boundary between here and CON. Seems these cells keep pulsing right around there along 93. 

Archived