Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

16 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I imagine some intense internal struggle..."wow this is really nice not to be completely drenched in sweat and my mile times are a little faster.  No don't think like that, this sucks, I wish I was dehydrated and getting chased by 15 deer flies in the humid stagnant air."

lol

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

My first thought as I hit the streets at 4:31 and it was 57.8  .. this isn't summer 

lol...That's my 30+ year average for min temps at peak climo in July.  If anything, that would be perfect summer.

And no, I don't live in a hollow.  I live on a hillside.

Just now, weathafella said:

It actually is the most robust I've seen it.  How's it worked out?  We're all above normal for June despite a boreal start.

I'm actually around normal, anyway every month theses days is basically around or above normal so nothing new.

Anyone see the damage photos from out west due to the heat? 

Some of the stuff is nuts...like plastic melting, paint on street signs running down, etc.

These are from Arizona.

Melted trash bin.

nintchdbpict000334282106.jpg?strip=all&q

Mailbox folded over due to heat.

nintchdbpict000334282114.jpg?strip=all&q

Street signs having their paint run.

nintchdbpict000334282110-e1498404148898.

nintchdbpict000334337813.jpg?strip=all&q

Frying eggs outside.

nintchdbpict000334282113-e1498404087480.

Baking cookies in your car.

nintchdbpict000334336210.jpg?strip=all&q

22 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Anyone see the damage photos from out west due to the heat? 

Some of the stuff is nuts...like plastic melting, paint on street signs running down, etc.

These are from Arizona.

Glad we don't live there.

Also 40B (Clayton Lake) is at 39 dew point (was down at 37).

The chamber approves today.

The vast majority of this photo is the Town of Stowe.  Stowe's the 2nd largest town in VT by acreage and I'm standing near the eastern boundary and the western boundary of town is out there on the Spine of the Greens.

19466394_10103047392208450_2022422111613

Here's a zoomed in view... I live in the lower right hand corner of this photo and then the ski area is a few miles west.  Still blows my mind the snowfall gradient in this area.  Annual snowfall increases by like a couple feet with every mile closer to the mountain it seems.

2L8A3145_edited-2_zpszvo8mxiz.jpg

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The chamber approves today.

The vast majority of this photo is the Town of Stowe.  Stowe's the 2nd largest town in VT by acreage and I'm standing near the eastern boundary and the western boundary of town is out there on the Spine of the Greens.

2L8A3144_edited-3_zpsrtbqhrqw.jpg

Here's a zoomed in view... I live in the lower right hand corner of this photo and then the ski area is a few miles west.  Still blows my mind the snowfall gradient in this area.  Annual snowfall increases by like a couple feet with every mile closer to the mountain it seems.

2L8A3145_edited-2_zpszvo8mxiz.jpg

I envy you. Gorgeous place to live. 

the last couple a cycles of the NAM lower regional LI's to -2 or so ...with QPF... 

I'm not prepared to doubt that given to the similar profiles yielding a gust thunderstorm around my local environs around sunset last night, and now today ...seemingly utterly fair we have partial glaciators skirting through. 

1 hour ago, Hoth said:

I envy you. Gorgeous place to live. 

The mountains or the beach for me...I envy you guys that live on the water sometimes too, lol.  Growing up in the Hudson Valley I knew at an early age I'd be living at one of those places.  I need those daily natural vistas of either mountains or ocean and an outdoor recreation oriented local population.

Archived