Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, dendrite said:

83/74 and dead air. 90/78 on the beach is great with a 10-20mph wind, but this sucks.

Dude that was a warm fropa for sure. We had SE winds off the lake all day and it was pretty comfortable. That line of TCU moved in with those scattered showers and the dews just skyrocketed with dead air. We all noticed it at the same time. That was pretty strange. 

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Dude that was a warm fropa for sure. We had SE winds off the lake all day and it was pretty comfortable. That line of TCU moved in with those scattered showers and the dews just skyrocketed with dead air. We all noticed it at the same time. That was pretty strange. 

I started a fire when it was like 80/73 and around 7 the breeze picked up and I could sense lower dews mixing in. Just came in to see 75/69 on the davis which isn't exactly comfy, but it feels like fall compared to a few hours ago...especially with the breeze.

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I started a fire when it was like 80/73 and around 7 the breeze picked up and I could sense lower dews mixing in. Just came in to see 75/69 on the davis which isn't exactly comfy, but it feels like fall compared to a few hours ago...especially with the breeze.

Yeah....definite drop on the graph. This is all in standard time so my senses around 7pm EDT were right.

IMG_5093.GIF

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Started a fire? On a hot humid night? Wtf

Had some stuff I wanted to burn and as long as I'm out of the sun the heat doesn't bother me that much. It's summer. I'm not going to hide in front of the AC like you.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Had some stuff I wanted to burn and as long as I'm out of the sun the heat doesn't bother me that much. It's summer. I'm not going to hide in front of the AC like you.

Love summer fire pits.

Jerry analog winter for this blonde tail squirrel I saw outside of work today?

20170623_175353.jpg

Thanks for all the advice guys. Definitely a lot to consider. After calling around again today and being a little more stern and specific about what exactly I wanted/need... the price came down a little bit from what it was looking like yesterday. Could probably get what I'm looking for for a shade under 100$ month.

Sling tv is definitey something I'll look into, especially if there are some sports options.

i do agree though that you have to be careful if you go the non traditional route. By the time you add up Netflix hulu etc etc... the price may be comparable to just gettin cable.

as others have also mentioned.... when you only buy a single service... the price is jacked up... in hopes you will just go ahead and buy the bundled offers since the price difference is usually small.

Obviously moving to your own place for the first time is a gigantic learning curve. It would be helpful to know what kind of bill we will have for electric and gas. This might help determine what kind of money might be left over.

im almost tempted to ask the current tenants what they pay for utilities roughly per month

46 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Eyeballing another half inch overnight in the stratus from some torrential downpours.

That would put us ~2.25" in the past 36 hours.  

MPV ASOS picked up 0.50" in 14 minutes overnight...some good gully washing downpours.

For f*cks sake.  Torrential rain this morning at the mountain for opening weekend of summer ops.  Probably making a run at 3"+ at the office.

IMG_6195.GIF.0a7dc912d9ebba99a738d65b97b88be4.GIF

6 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Obviously moving to your own place for the first time is a gigantic learning curve. It would be helpful to know what kind of bill we will have for electric and gas. This might help determine what kind of money might be left over.

im almost tempted to ask the current tenants what they pay for utilities roughly per month

Absolutely that's worth asking--they're frequently asked.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

It's always raining in the Greens. You're lucky to get 2 good days in, if you book a week. Disaster.

You guys up through Dendrite had been getting a lot more rain than us in May and early June ;).

Cant wait to check the office Stratus when I get back to the base once my employees get up here.  Just took a 4-wheeler up 2,100 vertical feet the top of the Gondola to prep the lift for the staff...and that was a monsoon that just moved through.  The ATV ride was like through a Honduran flash flood with muddy torrents raging down the mountain.  I bet we just got like 1.5" in 60-75 minutes up here.  

I see MVL knocked out another quick half inch after the half inch overnight.

Thank god for Carhartt rainsuits.  This stuff is bomb proof.

1 hour ago, moneypitmike said:

Nice.  100% mundane here in GC.  Where the hell is my qpf?  :)

Just some soft showers as near as I can tell.

Same place as mine?  Have not looked at the gauge, but I'm guessing about 0.2" in this morning's shower.  That would bring my June total to 1.57", or about 0.10" less than pf reported for just yesterday.  Steamy dews that the skeeters love, though my dog and I avoided them by having her morning constitutional during the heaviest shower.

Archived