Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Geezus I see 100s of acres of nothing but stripped brown stands of trees. Would love to see a drone view. This is my two oaks over the house. Literally stripped in 3 days.

20170613_121956.jpg

What's funny to me is all the officienados saying the fungus was here and all gypsies were dead or dying. Meanwhile a few folks said no to that . And this year is far worse than last year in expanse and defoliation 

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I haven't seen any gypsies at all. Not one. Just a few tent cats or whatever they are. Even those seem sparse. We had them bad over the last few years...perhaps it's just a downturn in the cycle. I don't think they would start coming out this late.

Looks like a northward advance. Much worse north of me than last year. I just came off of 395 and some of the hills look like winter. 

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What's funny to me is all the officienados saying the fungus was here and all gypsies were dead or dying. Meanwhile a few folks said no to that . And this year is far worse than last year in expanse and defoliation 

It seems like the outbreak is localized so far. Not as bad anywhere around here and in much of MA.

15 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Looks like a northward advance. Much worse north of me than last year. I just came off of 395 and some of the hills look like winter. 

I travel all over the state for my job and have seen no signs of them west of the CT river. Seems to be localized in Eastern/NE CT. 

20 minutes ago, BrianW said:

I travel all over the state for my job and have seen no signs of them west of the CT river. Seems to be localized in Eastern/NE CT. 

There's some by my office in Farmington. Not a lot but I've seen them on the sidewalk and a few oaks have holey leaves. Maybe I brought them west on the truck each day 

10 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I don't know if it's accurate but congratulations to BVY with 97/69 pushing HI to 104 !

See previous page....looks like BVY sensor went off its rocker about 2 weeks ago. I'd be skeptical of that reading.

10 minutes ago, dendrite said:

The boundary is through here...dews be droppin. Down to 54F at Plymouth.

is that the front or downslope/katabatic processing ? 

only asking cuz SPC has a MD out for a possible watch down our way and am wondering where the dry line of death sets this hour -

Archived