Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Glad we live here. Fall cleanup cut in half to 3/4 even. They are just crushing the Oaks this week. Like an Aaaron Judge hr. CRUSHED!

That's pretty lame. You get tons of leaf litter, poop, nasty caterpillars followed by epic moths. I am beginning to believe you only go outside to mow the lawn. 

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

That's pretty lame. You get tons of leaf litter, poop, nasty caterpillars followed by epic moths. I am beginning to believe you only go outside to mow the lawn. 

No doubt. The poop this week is epic . It would show up on an ASOS as light rain. Leaf litter mixes in with grass so it's not terribly evident unless you're walking in the grass. It is a mess on the driveway 

4 hours ago, dendrite said:

My 92.0F today is my warmest since the infamous 7/22/11.

Wow that's crazy....ORH was 6F cooler than that day. But still really impressive for this early...tied the daily record from 1973.

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Today was hot all around. Dews were not bad, but that was hot sh*t today. 95.4 for the high.

I know car thermometers are whack but in my driveway 94 matched my wxstation.  On 395 in Plainfield it hit 98. Baked in the sun today, worked outside think I got a touch of heatstroke .

2 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

It got up to 88.4 at the Pit yesterday.  On my way back from Boston (around 5:00), my car was reading 102 near Alewife and up to Arlington. Pavement ftl.

yup, this area was cooking yesterday afternoon. was not enjoyable. it wasn't 102, but it was definately high 90's. my poorly sited thermo was showing 95

pulled what i think is a gypsy moth catepillar out of my car today, must have fallen out of a tree through open window, we have a lot of folk from connecticut who work here, they must be importing them. its the first i've seen here.

10 hours ago, dendrite said:

At Really? I mean FIT and LWM pulled 97F. BVY kept a westerly component down to sea level and only scored 1F warmer with 98F. 

They seem to be running pretty warm as of late. Really this warm season I've noticed. How are they 3F warmer than Logan who has a west wind off the city.  I'm skeptical. Maybe they redid the runway or something.

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

They seem to be running pretty warm as of late. Really this warm season I've noticed. How are they 3F warmer than Logan who has a west wind off the city.  I'm skeptical. Maybe they redid the runway or something.

You obviously follow it more than me. MADIS would probably show a change. It just seemed there was a little "bubble" of slightly warmer temps from MHT-FIT into NE MA.

Archived