Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

47.4F  light rain.   .87"   

About as cold of a day it can get for 6/6.   Miserable.   Of course this is too cold but I'm not looking forward to hot weather.  Give me upper 60's to mid 70's during the day and 50's at night with low dews and I'm happy.    87 and mid 60's dews and I'm miserable.  Guess summer is finally inbound next week...

Yeah this blows. We're converting to gas and ran out of oil last week. I could get a few gallons of diesel, but just dealing with the indoor temp of 64.

Currently 46.9 and had it not been 50.7 at midnight could have likely been a record low daily high. Mid to upper 40's near noon in June is impressive for this area.

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This is what folks want over HHH wx. Mind blowing 

Perfect day for outdoor work. Wind and rain keeping the insects at bay while the cool temps make wearing a rain suit almost comfortable. I'll take a few more...

41 minutes ago, eekuasepinniW said:

worlds worst spring

Except for 2005.  From 4/21 thru 6/1 I had 39 of 42 days with BN temps, measurable rain on 31 days, 13.4" total for the period.  Fortunately, June turned things around quickly and thoroughly except for a horror flashback on 15th-17th.  Looks to have a similar turnaround this month, just 10 days later than in 2005.

Wood stove in use yesterday and this morning, low in mid 40s but we've had only 0.14" RA since Sunday afternoon and it's just been cloudy today.

I see this more times than I can recall as a count in my life...

You get this sort of super obnoxious departure and some how, some way,...within not to disparate temporality you end up with some counter-balancing anomaly or cluster of midland events, that in total ...closely approximates the obnoxious departure. Hense climate -

In a straight up arithmetic sense of it ... duh: climatology is the sum/n-terms ...such that big cold should either be balanced by big heat, or... a serious of lesser that sums/n-terms the same amount of bias.  And vice versa. What one ends up with is climate.  

Here we are amid a cold miserably hell that really ...stresses the imagination to think of anything worse, and not a week later?  ... we could be setting at 101 one of these days early next week at hottest time of day ... Or not... maybe we'll end up with 85 for 5 days but it would sum up and divide out to the same amount of departure. 

I think most would consider THAT a counter-balancing phenomenon to this rock-bottomed day.   It's kind of like the antidote to most poisonous plants is another plant that is usually growing near-by?  Anyone that's studied even menial survival guides and so forth knows this... The atm tries something similar in that the "antidote" for this climate crime of a day is going to atone big time perhaps soon enough.  We'll see...

I find this coice of words interesting:

"..A late season coastal storm southeast of Nantucket this morning was generating northeast winds up to 40 mph across the eastern Massachusetts coastline from Cape Ann to Nantucket, .."

Heh imho 'late seaon' was over a month ago. This? This is straight up f'n wrongly OUT of season -

4 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Ineedsnow

Sugarloaf1979

Greatwinter1717

scooter

To be clear.. they prefer this in summer over HHH

BTW it's Great Snow 1717...... once again it's your usual BS. Speaking of naming names I'm still waiting for you to name the mets who are mentioning 1816 in comparison to 2017. Some kids have imaginary friends you have imaginary meteorologists. You call people sick and freaks on here, but yet it is YOU who constantly moans, groans, and worries if the weather isn't exactly what you want it to be. And lets not even get into your strange obsession with having tress damage homes and other property. ........or as you say "Bring Em down"......I am assuming that doesn't include your home does it???? Odd to say the least!

2 hours ago, MarkO said:

Yeah this blows. We're converting to gas and ran out of oil last week. I could get a few gallons of diesel, but just dealing with the indoor temp of 64.

Currently 46.9 and had it not been 50.7 at midnight could have likely been a record low daily high. Mid to upper 40's near noon in June is impressive for this area.

A couple of small space heaters would solve the problem. I have a couple of them just in case of an emergency. And a few times I've had to use them while waiting for a repair person.

Just now, dendrite said:

46.5F and dropping and pouring.

Exactly same temp and conditions here.   About 1.10" so far, moderate rain.   

Really fascinating how weather changes.  Last summer and fall couldn't score a rogue 10 minute shower with bone dry conditions.  Now soil is so wet that couldn't mow the lawn.  On top of that 45F and rain down in Worcester right now.  Amazingly cold for 1pm.  Yet a week from now people will be complaining of unbearable heat....

17 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

BTW it's Great Snow 1717...... once again it's your usual BS. Speaking of naming names I'm still waiting for you to name the mets who are mentioning 1816 in comparison to 2017. Some kids have imaginary friends you have imaginary meteorologists. You call people sick and freaks on here, but yet it is YOU who constantly moans, groans, and worries if the weather isn't exactly what you want it to be. And lets not even get into your strange obsession with having tress damage homes and other property. ........or as you say "Bring Em down"......I am assuming that doesn't include your home does it???? Odd to say the least!

I figured that would set you into an emotional tirade. Relax and breathe 

Archived