SnowHabit
The 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season Thread

George BM

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Just saw that ...Chill would approve.

Ukmet sits tight off the Florida coast from 144-168 pounding them.  No support from the Euro and it's ensembles .....yet. 

Looks as if tropical force winds would extend almost into DC and Balt. But looking at the 850's wind speed we could potentially see gusts approaching Hurricane force and that would extend up to the MD/Pa lime. Rain isn't shabby either. Gets 5 inches up to the Mason Dixon with 8-9 inches in our southern regions. 

But roughly 9-10 days away so.....

Edit: Just saw Mappys gust map and realized I used the wrong conversion (sea instead of land) for 850 to surface for winds. That's what i get for juggling my Fantasy football with model watching. :(

3 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Looks as if tropical force winds would extend almost into DC and Balt. But looking at the 850's wind speed we could potentially see gusts approaching Hurricane force and that would extend up to the MD/Pa lime. Rain isn't shabby either. Gets 5 inches up to the Mason Dixon with 8-9 inches in our southern regions. 

But roughly 9-10 days away so.....

Looks like that trough in the mid west will be part of stew.  0Z had it further east.  this time it hangs back at least on the op.  It would be nice to track something else.  I would hate to think we have to wait another couple of months, and maybe longer, at least before something of interest shows up. 

Floridians are getting drunk right now trying to forget the 18z gfs. Lol

It's actually a good type of evolution for remnants in our area. Fast moving west track interacting with a front can work here. A clean gulf landfall would be better but we have 10+ days to work out the details. 

Eps free panels have a signal for the same system in the carribean @ d10. Now that we are moving into the second half of Sept the chances of a front/trough interaction to run remnants through our area go up quite a bit.

Hopefully we can get into some sort of tropical action. I've spent more time this year looking at this stuff than I have in the last 5 combined. Lol 

Archived