SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season Thread

George BM

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today's guidance actually made it more complicated instead of getting clearer. I'm really enjoying the mental exercise if nothing else. 

I would say LF odds are a hair above equal chance at this point. I'm a tropical hack so I can put my neck out and not give an S...unlike wxwatcher...haha.

Ens guidance shows a more favorable pattern for LF down the line than OTS. Of course the range of LF is many thousands of miles of coast along 2 major bodies of water. The trend towards a further south track is quite stark attm through the mid range. 

If the EPS strongly supported the op's idea of the ULL to the NE putting Irma on a leash I would think differently but the EPS doesn't show a strong signal for that type of evolution. The trough is on the EPS mean but it's weak and quicker to move. That makes more sense in general and also follows all other guidance. 

Now that we're seeing ens guidance continue to open the door of a FL LF or gulf track we should probably embrace the idea and not "wait for it to go away".

If this thing is still a threat after the 0z runs we will need to start a thread just for it

And make it clear that imby questions, out of forum questions, and anything ridiculous will be deleted. It's been fun but weeding through crappy posts is annoying

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Start the thread @WxWatcher007. It's no longer a long range fantasy where the threat will be gone next run and we're getting close to some imortant benchmarks with the track. It will be a nice thread to revisit down the line with everything consolidated from here on out. 

Tried to message you but guess your mailbox is full. 

1 minute ago, tim123 said:

Please.

Understand your need for information, especially with a quiet subforum of your own, however, if a new thread is created, we should not be catering to answering specific questions for people's backyards, especially those way outside our region. no offense to you as you seem nice and just looking for infor, but this is the mid-Atlantic subforum. The main tropical thread may be more helpful for you as it should be focusing across all areas, not just one region. 

Please understand, we really on care about the weather here the could impact us. Not upstate NY

Archived