Newest Member
    joxey
The 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season Thread

George BM

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Euro OP caved to it's ENS, 60% of which at 00z, showed a fish.

So,  bascially the ensembles dictated an outcome and this played out how many thought. the skill to the member ensemble suite vs the operational , was only a matter of time right . 

Question, will the ensembles reverse course or unlikely ?  

Seems to me that long range model biases are being ignored.  I don't know the summer/hurricane biases of the models, but in my experience they seem to be prone to bringing strong tropical systems into the east coast at long range only to gradually move away from that at longer range.  It's like in winter when the gfs shows a strong arctic push to the south we all know that it's almost always modeled too deep from long range, or that the euro is almost always overdone with troughing in the sw, or that the gfs will show ns vorts too far south and they usually end up well north.  Is anyone considering just how unlikely it is that a cane that far north of PR ends up hitting the us?  Not impossible but unlikely.

1 minute ago, frd said:

So,  bascially the ensembles dictated an outcome and this played out how many thought. the skill to the member ensemble suite vs the operational , was only a matter of time right . 

Question, will the ensembles reverse course or unlikely ?  

Personally, I think the ENS do not reverse.

Archived