Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season Thread

George BM

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even the same weak ull low in the deep south is showing up on the euro. The entire setup yells landfall of a very intense hurricane. Scary run 

I was literally going to say the same thing. I'm looking for the similarities in the globals and that stands out. A better linking ridge on Euro keeps system on a more west of north trajectory leading to FL getting the dirty. EPS should be pretty nasty for Bahamas and SE US. That ridge is something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was literally going to say the same thing. I'm looking for the similarities in the globals and that stands out. A better linking ridge on Euro keeps system on a more west of north trajectory leading to FL getting the dirty. EPS should be pretty nasty for Bahamas and SE US. That ridge is something else.

Edit: FL avoids landfall but intense western quadrant leads to screaming northerlies up and down the coast. Major erosion for them and now SC/NC under the gun.

5 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

In the main forum I was comparing this to Floyd.  That was also supposed to make landfall in FL but slowed down and veered north into NC.  If it had made landfall in FL earlier it would have been much stronger- it was 155 mph when it was down there.

1 minute ago, DCTeacherman said:

Would be a pretty high impact event for us even if it landfalled in SC/NC....I imagine it would still be a decent TS at our latitude.  

If there is any kind of phase (even partial) the windfield would expand and forward speed would likely quickly accelerate as the storm gains latitude. Depends on a lot of things of course but that general progression would be something to consider. Just spit balling but if a cat 3 storm makes landfall and accelerates, it would leave quite a mess in its wake.

The eps generally supports the op at d10 so the 12z eps is going to likely generate a lot of chatter here shortly. 

Archived