Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season Thread

George BM

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I used to have a computer program that allowed me to do it, complete with basic UL features. :weenie: 

Was it FrontPainter or Digital Atmosphere? I had both of those and both allowed drawing in isotachs, fronts etc. I had so much fun with those. 

3 minutes ago, yoda said:

Its going to be a recurve looking at 198 as Irma is already moving NW... but still, pretty strong signal from the GFS OP of a powerful hurricane down the line in the Atlantic

Happy Hour @ 18z. When was the last time we had a 925mb South of Bermuda? Not in any of our lifetimes. This is some 19th century style.

If it intensifies that much I'd put money on a recurve - the stronger storms that get strong early on tend to have a much higher recurve risk. Still a long way away. We're going to see every solution over the next week or so. 

Tonight with the 0z runs I guess we'll get it initialized as an actual storm though so that may help. 

3 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

Since this is a long track, I'm already preparing for the moral police to show up and tell us how bad we are for a week or so.  

I'll protect you guys. No one outside our region gets to troll you guys, let us local folks do that. :wub: 

Archived