• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season Thread

George BM

EPS generally agrees with the LW pattern on the op and enough ens members have a tropical system in the eastern bahamas to show up on the MSLP panels and a closed h5 contour. For way out there in range, this isn't that bad of a setup. Supports the general idea of the eastern trough moving up and out of the way at a good time. In general, it's not an easy re-curve fish pattern. I would speculate that if things happen like they look right now, Irma would probably at least get close to the EC. 

ecmwf-ens_mslpa_atl_11.png

ecmwf-ens_z500a_atl_11.png

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, olafminesaw said:

The GFS has a 42 MB drop in 36 hours. Nasty.

Right over that Floriday Keys while dead center of the Anticyclone. I say that's an imaginary CAT 5 landfall. 

The GFS still has 13 more days to destroy every city along the east and gulf coast as well as the Canadian maritimes.

8 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Just to add to this ..here's the 18z Gefs mrefs for day 8. Pretty solid signal 

Heh, another heavy rain event along the TX coast would be insult to injury x 1000. Globals and ens all look similar too so some sort of rain event seems likely in at this point. 

How about the lala 18z gfs huh? H5 is perfect for running the remnant center right up the apps. One of the ens members damn near runs a cane up the mouth of the bay. lol

4 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

EPS generally agrees with the LW pattern on the op and enough ens members have a tropical system in the eastern bahamas to show up on the MSLP panels and a closed h5 contour. For way out there in range, this isn't that bad of a setup. Supports the general idea of the eastern trough moving up and out of the way at a good time. In general, it's not an easy re-curve fish pattern. I would speculate that if things happen like they look right now, Irma would probably at least get close to the EC. 

ecmwf-ens_mslpa_atl_11.png

ecmwf-ens_z500a_atl_11.png

Not looking forward to that at all! SST anomalies scream trouble! 

sst.daily.anom.gif

2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

P006 :o:D I believe is the one. 

(Potential Gulf heavy rain )

Even at 7 days out or so Texas would still only be in the beginning stages of Harvey  cleaning up and assessing . They'd be crying uncle ..for sure.

lol P006 would be like Isabel over again

0z gfs advertising a really strong into the Bahamas. Ops are kinda locked in for now and ens are moving that way too. 

I have to admit, I'm kinda getting sucked into this one now. The timing looks right with the trough exiting the east in time. That's putting the cart before the horse but you can't help but being interested right now. 

This is all I needed to see, the amount of support for a US impactor is enormous on GEFS and EPS. The most since i've been tracking, and I've been at this for a long time. The debate truely resides in whether this will hit the SE or Upper East Coast.

Also the ensembles have the Gulf System that showed on the 12z Euro. So bad, can people still live comfortably at the coast? It's been on my mind for some time especially post-Sandy.

gfs-ememb_lowlocs_atl_38.png

1 hour ago, Bob Chill said:

0z gfs advertising a really strong into the Bahamas. Ops are kinda locked in for now and ens are moving that way too. 

I have to admit, I'm kinda getting sucked into this one now. The timing looks right with the trough exiting the east in time. That's putting the cart before the horse but you can't help but being interested right now. 

00z GGEM is east of the Bahamas... and looks to be moving WNW... but I think would be a recurve if I am looking at the h5 heights correctly

32 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

06z GFS would be a fish it seems. 

Thats cause the GFS has a totally different setup than before.  It pulls the trough out, builds a ridge over the Gulf and forces Irma between the gulf ridge and the ATL ridge.  way different

not buying it that far out.

Just now, Bob Chill said:

Well, to be fair...the storm already exists but still a few thousand miles away. At least we're not chasing a digital fantasy. Lol

ha, that is good. a slight improvement over our winter tracking. :lol: 

3 minutes ago, mappy said:

ha, that is good. a slight improvement over our winter tracking. :lol: 

This is the first time this season that it at least all makes sense from long range for a conus impact. Eps favors a further south and west track than the op. 6z gefs favors a track into NC and up into our area. 

As long as the timing stays generally the same with the trough lifting, our area is very much in the game for a while. 

At the very least this exercise will help pass time before the more important first freeze contest. Haha

Archived