Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season Thread

George BM

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Dont know if you saw Euro but it's definitely on the nw envelope with its low placement with Irma and throws 1- 3.5"  back of  heavy rain from DC south thru S Md and OC . Heaviest amounts just se of DC on south and east from there 

170828104011.gif

Was kind of curious what the Euro was showing precip wise. Figured it had some decent totals being thrown into our region but with the limited maps I have it is hard to tell for sure. 

11 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

LWX is right about the ENS being further west and wetter btw. A lot of lows tucked into the coast on the EPS. GEFS was a little east of 0z but all within the envelope of reasonable solutions. No up the bay solutions lol, but rain seems like a decent bet.

I guess we're watching the tropics for real today :thumbsup:

Wonder if the ensembles are wanting to tuck the low closer to the coast because of the marginal baroclinic zone (10-15 degree contrast) we see between the land temps and SST's?

Irma is expected to pretty quickly head north and east. Harvey isn't moving much. Pretty quickly the distance between them is probably going to be too great for anything of that nature. They might be close enough now but not for long. Not sure it has much to do with the landmasses between them as it does the fact that there is just distance in general between them. 

I could be wrong, though. 

4 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Irma is expected to pretty quickly head north and east. Harvey isn't moving much. Pretty quickly the distance between them is probably going to be too great for anything of that nature. They might be close enough now but not for long. Not sure it has much to do with the landmasses between them as it does the fact that there is just distance in general between them. 

I could be wrong, though. 

Yea, both systems are also pretty weak.  Imo, it would depend on the timing of the strengthening/ re-strengthening of both.

42 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Nope. It'll tilt negative and capture the storm like Sandy. :weenie:

My first thought. lol

GFS has had a fish in the same time frame for multiple runs so it looks like the wave coming out of africa right now has some consensus at getting organzied. 

Not a fan of the LW conus pattern though. Another one of those miracle longshot perfect timing types of windows. Hopefully we're still discussing how it might hit the US in 8 days or so. 

34 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

My first thought. lol

GFS has had a fish in the same time frame for multiple runs so it looks like the wave coming out of africa right now has some consensus at getting organzied. 

Not a fan of the LW conus pattern though. Another one of those miracle longshot perfect timing types of windows. Hopefully we're still discussing how it might hit the US in 8 days or so. 

I was mostly being a weenie about it. But with that said, that is a really sharp trough and it does have a bit of "the look" of maybe going negative and doing some funky stuff. Not worth discussing quite yet as it's in the long, long range. 

I don't have access to any very good Euro maps other than the passable stuff on TT so I have no idea how that trough looks other than the basic 500 maps on TT. 

Yeah - anything that gets organized as far east as 93L is is usually fish food. Of course there's some notable exceptions but that's the exception rather than the rule. 

The Euro being consistent with getting it at least semi far west is enough to hold my interest. Plus...I have nothing else to be excited about. Snooze fest continues. 

Archived