Newest Member
    joxey
The 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season Thread

George BM

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z EURO is :lmao: 

So... you are telling me EURO that Harvey will be just off the MX coast, about 150 miles SSE of Brownsville TX at 96.  Then at 120, Harvey makes landfall around Brownsville TX moving NNW.... then moves NNW to a position in TX at 144.  Then Harvey says I hate TX and moves SE to a position back into the GOM at 168... then turns back NE at 192 and makes landfall in SW LA at 204 and moves NE toward the MS/LA border at 216, and then is in SW VA at 240

Uh no, we toss

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Seems more reasonable than the Euro's SE dip. Man, the BOC is magic for tropical. Texas better be on guard if the north trend continues. 

Made a quick edit of my post above yours... should have said NW turn and its CC, not Houston for poss landfall on the 18z GFS run lol

Want a good laugh check out the NAM on Harvey.  Given the north trend it's not quite as laughable as the NAM usually is..   This is always a concern for the Texas coast, a quick developing storm that models don't pickup until a few days out like Hurricane Bret.

10 minutes ago, Amped said:

Want a good laugh check out the NAM on Harvey.  Given the north trend it's not quite as laughable as the NAM usually is..   This is always a concern for the Texas coast, a quick developing storm that models don't pickup until a few days out like Hurricane Bret.

Almost looks Houston bound... SE TX or maybe extreme western LA

I was all aboard the Euro express into Central Texas... but he hill country WNW to S of Austin cant take a foot of precip especially if we get saturated Wed-Fri prior to Harvey. Deadly flooding will occur if those advertised Euro totals come to fruition. As much as I want rain I now hope this Euro trend backs off a bit. 

5 hours ago, SeanBarg said:

I was all aboard the Euro express into Central Texas... but he hill country WNW to S of Austin cant take a foot of precip especially if we get saturated Wed-Fri prior to Harvey. Deadly flooding will occur if those advertised Euro totals come to fruition. As much as I want rain I now hope this Euro trend backs off a bit. 

I totally agree with you, but don't let Eskimo Joe read this.

6 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Euro still in the south Texas landfall camp on Friday. It stalls there too.

It's time to declare Harvey the first bona fide threat to the US mainland of the season. 

Let's wait until it clears Mexico before freaking out.  The remnants need to get over water quickly, before any nascent circulation gets torn up.  At least that part of the country isn't too hilly so if it moves quick enough it might come out okay.

14 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Nowhere in my post was I freaking out or telling others to freak out. Harvey has a long long way to go but the fact that there's unanimous agreement on a Texas landfall and some guidance showing epic rain potential inside 5 days means that people do have to take notice.

Wasn't mentioning you specifically, that highlighted text was a general comment.  Already the crap weather posters on SM are flying the hype flags.

21 hours ago, yoda said:

12z EURO is :lmao: 

So... you are telling me EURO that Harvey will be just off the MX coast, about 150 miles SSE of Brownsville TX at 96.  Then at 120, Harvey makes landfall around Brownsville TX moving NNW.... then moves NNW to a position in TX at 144.  Then Harvey says I hate TX and moves SE to a position back into the GOM at 168... then turns back NE at 192 and makes landfall in SW LA at 204 and moves NE toward the MS/LA border at 216, and then is in SW VA at 240

Uh no, we toss

Still tossing?

Archived