Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June Banter Thread

George BM

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Doing work down in Hunt Valley in a 18,000 square foot house. Who needs a home that big. Only 3 people live here. I actually got lost the first day..lol

You off Belfast somewhere? Or Padonia? 

5955f6f095028_ScreenHunter_27128Jun_3002_45.thumb.jpg.66779bb3336aefda2236df8383f71a87.jpg

This is fast becoming a common occurrence this summer, lots of storms and rain happening in the middle of the US, at our latitude. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. I am absolutely convinced that northern Virginia will get absolutely NADA.

Who knows why we go thru this, over and over and over and over again, whilst our lawns and trees get drier and drier and drier and drier and drier, week after week after week after relentless dry parched HOT week!

We are without a doubt, one of the most ACCURSED locations in the US this summer, plenty of sun and dry, but rain just stays away while we all watch the center of the country get life-giving rain after life-giving rain after life-giving, cooling rain. By now, I'd sell my very SOUL for a flood!!!!

Anyone interested in forming more frequent multiple sub-sub regional meetups?  I know the four of us in Alexandria really enjoyed ourselves!  One idea I mentioned to the attendees is to maybe have Amwx members offer demonstrations for how to use wx software/tools/hardware etc.  Forget going to the movies, watch how to learn Buffkit from a talk a few years ago from the annual Weather and Climate Summit!  Wxwatcher sounded interested in this video I'm linking to.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxcEx-Jn9Oo  Heck, Let's try to recruit the public to our boards!  #Americanwxcoffeeshoptakeover

6 hours ago, BTRWx said:

Anyone interested in forming more frequent multiple sub-sub regional meetups?  I know the four of us in Alexandria really enjoyed ourselves!  One idea I mentioned to the attendees is to maybe have Amwx members offer demonstrations for how to use wx software/tools/hardware etc.  Forget going to the movies, watch how to learn Buffkit from a talk a few years ago from the annual Weather and Climate Summit!  Wxwatcher sounded interested in this video I'm linking to.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxcEx-Jn9Oo  Heck, Let's try to recruit the public to our boards!  #Americanwxcoffeeshoptakeover

Sub-sub regional meetups would be a great idea, especially for people who are very far from the main MA regional meeting locations and are too busy to go that far out of their way(EX: Meeting in Baltimore or Fredrick, MD; lives in Fredericksburg, VA or vis-versa). 

I definitely like the sub-sub regional idea. 

2 hours ago, George BM said:

Sub-sub regional meetups would be a great idea, especially for people who are very far from the main MA regional meeting locations and are too busy to go that far out of their way(EX: Meeting in Baltimore or Fredrick, MD; lives in Fredericksburg, VA or vis-versa). 

I definitely like the sub-sub regional idea. 

especially for these boring weather patterns

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived