SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June Banter Thread

George BM

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a good friend who is part of a 4-person Race Across America Team (bike race). They started in Oceanside , CA yesterday. That puts them square in the desert today. He and his racing partner have their next eight hour shift today in the heat of the day. 117 where they are slated to be biking. I Don't envy him that. 

12 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I know I'm messed up. You still love me though :) 

I'm all about new and interesting wx experiences. I love to push the limits. Only time to do that is now. 

Once I'm locked up married chasing anything is going to become a long and uphill battle. Or so I've heard. 

On the record I have to report that marriage is a wonderful thing. Off the record though.... :wacko:

I love how the NWS only calls for a chance of showers tomorrow.

They've struck out TWICE with high categorical pops. We will strike out tomorrow as well, convection will outrun the front, thus it will disappoint. Mountains will drown again (no surprise there), then storms will redevelop over the Delmarva with severe storms over La Plata and east. Dale City will get a skinny 3 inch wide line of showers, about 16 drops then the front goes through. Ground will barely get wet, it will be about 40 percent wet. We might FINALLY get the whole ground 100 percent wet maybe next February with a coastal storm that dumps 8 inches of rain over three days.

I'm looking forward to sunny and 90 tomorrow.

This is our world, now, advanced global warming, much hotter, and much much drier in N VA, but with world class humidity that would do the Mediterranean regions and Bay of Bengal proud.

Dale City's climate is beginning to approximate Austin, Texas's climate, much drier, hotter summers, and highly variable winter temps, milder, with much less snow. Glaciers all over the world are melting ferociously, adding tremendous amounts of fresh water to the ocean, slowing the deep ocean currents and causing the oceans to heat up. The Mid Atlantic will eventually become a hellish place, extremely dry with much above normal temperatures and with no winter at all to speak of. Then the mass migrations will start as people try to crowd into the northern US and eventually into Canada. Then the Quebecois/American migration wars will begin..........

Radar proclaims heavy rain overhead. I have extremely light rain, but we just set a new record: 41 percent of the pavement is wet!!! I need my scanning electron microscope just to detect this super light rain

So I get fringed? Whats new?

I'll get soaking rain when the Goddesses decide I've been tortured enough, which should be about 99 trillion centuries from today.

Luray got waterboarded AGAIN today by frogchoking rains - 2nd time in a week. Go figure. Some people get to enjoy floods. Others like me, dream of good soaking rains, but never get to enjoy them. Radar shows a HOLE over Dale City. Klingon Anti Rain Shield is operational.

definitely scary stuff going on in the southwest.  i have fam out there.  i try to only visit in the non-summer months.  it takes temps in the upper 90s to really get me missing winter (love snow, dislike the cold and short days), but 110+...yea, which ski resort are we going to. lol

52 minutes ago, mattie g said:

How can there officially be "drought conditions" if the area got upwards of 5" of rain regionwide in the month of May, and we're only a couple inches below normal for the year?

Not a hydrologist, but I think that the Palmer index which was posted is longer-term, so it does include the dryness of last fall into winter.  The Drought Monitor has nothing for us, which is probably more realistic.  My newish grass is dying though, so all drought is relative.  Give me more rain.

Just saw a forecast on some news channel.

VERY DEPRESSING.

Maryland gets SOAKED. Good for them.

I get nada.

What else is new, except we are in a devastating drought.

Id gladly and happily sell my soul right now, in exchange for the wettest summer in US history, including the front goes stationary and we get waterboarded by Cindys remnants for two weeks, among many other soaking storms this summer. Roads get washed out, ppl get stranded for weeks and Glendale's grass grows like a weed for the next 8 months. It would definitely be worth it. This drought is so bad, grass is already turning brown. IT'S NOT EVEN JULY YET!!!!!!!!!

This is BAD, real bad. Grass will be DEAD and many trees will die. This place is going to end up resembling parts of Bastrop, Texas, by September. Its going to end up making 2011 look like a severe Siberian semipermanent high in January. We could end up surpassing 110 degrees in Washington DC in July and August, with lows in the high 80s!!!! The soil is THAT DRY already!

22 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

Not a hydrologist, but I think that the Palmer index which was posted is longer-term, so it does include the dryness of last fall into winter.  The Drought Monitor has nothing for us, which is probably more realistic.  My newish grass is dying though, so all drought is relative.  Give me more rain.

Fair enough!

Sounds good on the rain. Like you, I hate having to water the garden, and I think it's safe to assume that plants prefer chemical-free water from the gods.

25 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Fair enough!

Sounds good on the rain. Like you, I hate having to water the garden, and I think it's safe to assume that plants prefer chemical-free water from the gods.

Glad to see I am not the only one who would prefer Mother Nature watering the garden and the lawn. Would rather save the money. I will leave unsaid the fact that I am a lazy SOB to boot. ^_^

17 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Tonight would be a good night to eat crabs and drink beer ( got the beer but no crabs:( ...getting real nice out this evening. 

Btw...saw cases of Zima at the local liquor store...it's back..lol

~9:00 Wallops launch! ;)

Scratch that, again! https://www.nasa.gov/feature/wallops/2017/nasa-sounding-rocket-will-release-early-morning-artificial-clouds0lighting-up-the-mid-atlantic-coast-may-31

2 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

Anyone else having issues with the site making you sign back in each time now? Whether I am accessing it on mobile or desk top, once I leave the site, I have to go back through sign-in each time I come back of late, even though I have the "keep me signed in" box checked.

On 6/22/2017 at 10:10 AM, mattie g said:

I'm getting a little annoyed at constantly having to log into the forums, despite checking the "Stay Signed In" box.

First-world problems and all, but still...

Though I haven't had that problem in the last day or so.

9 hours ago, Harv_poor said:

Are you clearing your browser history? Maybe automatically when you leave your browser? I have to re- login on my IPAD whenever I clear the history.

:clap:I was waiting for that.

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

As long as we all survive to at least December to see " The Last Jedi ":lol:

Happy Bday!!

When's the pool party?

thank you, and the party was saturday ;) crabs and pool! 

1 hour ago, wxdude64 said:

It is Tuesday.

Happy B-day Mappy.

Thank you!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived