SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June Obs/Disco Thread

George BM

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow what a failure -- got just 0.3 overnight and 0.45 for the whole cold front plus tropical remnants "event."  No chance of any more rain through the end of the month, so my total for June is 1.4.

I looked at the rainfall map for the last 30 days -- the Central Maryland Desert Zone is the driest area of the entire eastern 1/4 of the country (along with a couple spots in eastern GA).  I can't believe how much rain they got just an hour north in southern PA.

18 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Wow what a failure -- got just 0.3 overnight and 0.45 for the whole cold front plus tropical remnants "event."  No chance of any more rain through the end of the month, so my total for June is 1.4.

I looked at the rainfall map for the last 30 days -- the Central Maryland Desert Zone is the driest area of the entire eastern 1/4 of the country (along with a couple spots in eastern GA).  I can't believe how much rain they got just an hour north in southern PA.

Spot on post and obs. 

What time should we get there? 

Have a great party!

Picking up crabs at 2. ;) Thanks!

Maryland crab feasts are awesome.  You doing it at a local fire department?

Nah man, my house. I don't have an acre of land, awesome deck space and pool for nothing :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woke up at about 5am to some very squally looking rain outside.  no thunder, so went back to sleep pretty quickly.  not sure how much we ended up with, but it's summertime, so it's usually showery more so than all day rainy, and really can't rely too much on the remnants of a tropical storm 1000 miles after it made landfall.  might as well just chalk it up to a cold front.

51 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

This weekend also looking like good chances for some storminess starting Friday. 

Have a 5 day camping trip planned for this weekend into next week so you can count on storminess and rain. Out of 3 planned trips this year we have spent 2 trips dodging rain drops almost every day and 1 trip we canceled outright because of rain.

5 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

GFS and Euro seem to agree that we are pleasant through Wednesday and then the heat builds.  First 100 I've seen on the GFS this year, I think (10+ days out).

Yea, looks like we pulse some heat this week before a nice trough comes in for 4th of July.  Then wow at that ridge building in from the Midwest...588dm contour running all the way up to Green Bay, WI and finally popping a 594 dm high over Chicago.  Alas, it doesn't appear to last long as we're back down into a Great Lakes trough be the following weekend.  Stinks.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived