SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June Obs/Disco Thread

George BM

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so we got a BRIEF, BRIEF heavy shower, lasted maybe a minute. Then just light drizzle. At least the pavement is 100 percent wet for the 1st time in fraggin' WEEKS!

LWX NWS - BE MORE PRECISE with your discussions!

"The LWX CWA
will be in the right entrance region of a jet streak to the
north"

Radar is evidencing that MARYLAND is getting most of the heavy rain rates.

VIRGINIA is NOT in the same region and we are getting MUCH LIGHTER RATES!!!!! Go the hell back to met school LWX NWS office!! You need it badly! Dale City will get a QUARTER INCH of rain at best thru tonight! Maryland will get 1 to 4 inches of much needed rain! Your forecast should read, Virginia east of the Mtns will get a quarter of an inch of rain; in the District and north will get 1 to as much as 4 inches of rain. Get your shyte together LWX NWS. Shape up or ship the hell out!

3 hours ago, Stormpc said:

Got a whopping .07 inches of rain. Cruel joke.

I know what you mean. I am fed the fvck up with these microscopic amounts of rain!

See this nonsense  that was posted by the NWS at 1037am this morning?

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=LWX&issuedby=LWX&product=AFD&format=CI&version=6&glossary=1&highlight=off

This cold front will cross the area this afternoon (evening for
southern MD). A plume of precipitable water up to 2 inches is
ahead of this cold front with values increasing through the
afternoon. The progression of this front will increase through
the day as an upper trough approaches from the west. The LWX CWA
will be in the right entrance region of a jet streak to the
north, enhancing upper level difluence and maximizing rain
rates.

Limiting factors to flash flooding are dry antecedent
conditions of the past two weeks and relative fast
progression/movement of frontal zone and fcst individual storm
cell motion of around 35 kt. On the other hand, unidirectional
wind profiles indicate potential for training convection while
exceptionally high PWATS, very high 850 ThetaE values and K
indices will support intense rainfall rates capable of producing
2-4 inches of rain in a short period of time.

What we are beginning to see here in northern Virginia is a pattern I see all the time in Austin Texas. You read AFDs like this all the time for KEWX which is the AUSTIN cwa, and then it is drier than a popcorn fart over and over and over again. thats NORMAL for them, that is a semi arid region.

We did get a brief heavy shower for maybe all of 45 seconds, IT DID NOT EVEN GET THE ROAD UNDER MY TREES WET!!! What is this place turning into, El Paso, Texas?????

But this crap happening over and over again HERE IN NORTH VA is out of line. Dale City is in a drought situation. This is the THIRD GD system that has hit us and we got microscopic amounts of rain!!!!! Thats not even enough water to sustain a MOUSE!!!

NWS should know better. Thats your third gddamned strike, NWS, in a damned row!!!! In baseball you'd get your ass chewed out by the coach!!!

I am getting sick and tired of these HYPED UP AFDs by KLWX!!!!!!! Please KLWX, please do NOT hype up the AFDs so much. Please take them down about three notches!

The weather here in Dale City is becoming a horrifically CRUEL JOKE. At this rate, by September every lawn will be crunchy brown and many trees will be DEAD! I'll be using creek beds as trails!!

We ended up getting .11" last evening with a double rainbow bonus. Puts the monthly tally at 1.08".

It's disappointing reading the trends in the tropical thread, but somehow, someway, I still believe we will get a good soaker before we finish the month.

Also, happy summer!! I'll take mornings like this right up until September, please.

5 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

We ended up getting .11" last evening with a double rainbow bonus. Puts the monthly tally at 1.08".

It's disappointing reading the trends in the tropical thread, but somehow, someway, I still believe we will get a good soaker before we finish the month.

Also, happy summer!! I'll take mornings like this right up until September, please.

the clouds from your shower were real pretty up my way around 730-8pm

26 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Southern Pa getting pretty active and motion looks to clip us northerners at least. Hope so.

go figure. the one day i have something to do after work that keeps me down in Hunt Valley, drifters from the north pop up, while the last two nights I've had things to do in PA lol

Well, the rain is drying out as it reaches us. What kind of a cruel joke is this? There is zero hope for us.

No doubt about it now.

We're in a drought.

We're cursed.

Everything is missing us - except the damn drought.

Ha ha ha National Weather Service, You have me progged for an 80 percent chance of showers in the overnight - What a friggin JOKE!

We are Down and we are OUT - We are totally out of luck. We have now struck out FOUR TIMES! We can't buy a shower with infinite amounts of money, we are absolutely cursed. Everything will die in eastern Prince William County and we will all have to be evacuated. All the ponds and creeks will PARCH, all of the trees will die and all lawns will be DEAD. Forever.

Its like someone built a WALL around Eastern Prince William County on June 1 and ever since then, NOTHING can get in - EXCEPT THIS ACCURSED DROUGHT!!!!!

A category 5 hurricane could strike Dale City head on, and I bet we'd be high and dry, but blasted by strong winds. Nothing in heaven or earth can help us now, we are going to dry up and blow away.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived