• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June Obs/Disco Thread

George BM

Had .10 total. Funny thing, I was at the edge of a heavy shower. I saw it pouring across the street and in my cul de sac but it never made it to my house. 80 feet or so. Unreal. I was watching from my window the ponding some of my neighbors enjoyed. I had crumbs. They had the cake. I told my wife it was a cruel joke. She called me a loser. I retreated to the basement and drank.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, dailylurker said:

Every 3 days? I've been watering heavily every other day and hardly can keep up with the dryness. Looks like the sun is trying to come out right now. Hopefully that destabilizes things.

Mostly perennials that can take a little dryness.

Hope the breaks of sun can stir things up a bit later.

Go figure. Yesterday the mountains got to enjoy a decent waterboarding. Today, the focus is EAST.

I never win for losing, every day of this miserable HOT climate changed summer! Every day I cry as I watch the untimely demise of my poor lawn.

The drought is so horrific that by early August the astronauts will be able to see a big brown spot in north Virginia and they will say, "That's Jebman's backyard. No rain at all for weeks and weeks along with record breaking heat and high dewpoints. All the instability on the planet and he gets 43 small raindrops."

I HATE the Midwest and North Plains. EVERY SINGLE FRACKIN' DAY they have this big slow moving heavy rain band that rains and rains and rains for hours and hours and hours. I hope they FLOOD, FLOOD, FLOOD!!! Damned RAIN HOGGERS! Let'em DROWN in all of their hogged rain! Let em enjoy the flooded streams as they are swept down, banging on the car windows then glub, Glub, GLUB!

1 hour ago, Jebman said:

Go figure. Yesterday the mountains got to enjoy a decent waterboarding. Today, the focus is EAST.

I never win for losing, every day of this miserable HOT climate changed summer! Every day I cry as I watch the untimely demise of my poor lawn.

The drought is so horrific that by early August the astronauts will be able to see a big brown spot in north Virginia and they will say, "That's Jebman's backyard. No rain at all for weeks and weeks along with record breaking heat and high dewpoints. All the instability on the planet and he gets 43 small raindrops."

I HATE the Midwest and North Plains. EVERY SINGLE FRACKIN' DAY they have this big slow moving heavy rain band that rains and rains and rains for hours and hours and hours. I hope they FLOOD, FLOOD, FLOOD!!! Damned RAIN HOGGERS! Let'em DROWN in all of their hogged rain! Let em enjoy the flooded streams as they are swept down, banging on the car windows then glub, Glub, GLUB!

LOL.  Leave in to Jeb to make a (yet another) miserably hot summer drought enjoyable.  Well done.

Meanwhile, yet another cloudy night to keep the heat high, only to see the full sun break out during the day to scorch the earth.  It is God-awful nasty outside.  It's not this humid under water, yet we can't manage to even get a single ****ing cloud to drift in front of that sun, much less a damn thunderstorm.  Where else on earth can it be 90 / 72 for ****ing weeks on end and can't manage one ****ing thunderstorm?

We do this every year now IMBY- weeks of clouds, drizzle and 60 followed by a drought/blowtorch the following months. It's why I just do regular waterings and completely disregard the 80% chances of rain LWX throws out there. When we lock into this pattern it just won't rain.

Next up will be getting 5" of drought-busting rain in about an hour sometime in late Sept. or early Oct. That happens every year too now lol

6 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

LOL.  Leave in to Jeb to make a (yet another) miserably hot summer drought enjoyable.  Well done.

Meanwhile, yet another cloudy night to keep the heat high, only to see the full sun break out during the day to scorch the earth.  It is God-awful nasty outside.  It's not this humid under water, yet we can't manage to even get a single ****ing cloud to drift in front of that sun, much less a damn thunderstorm.  Where else on earth can it be 90 / 72 for ****ing weeks on end and can't manage one ****ing thunderstorm?

Well, yet again tonight, ANOTHER nice rainband is imparting more cool life giving rain to the Midwest! For hours and hours, just like the Midwest gets to enjoy nearly every night!!

https://radar.weather.gov/Conus/full.php

Just like last night! By now, the Mid Atlantic should have had at least one good soaker, statistically speaking lol

Can we PLEASE have just ONE of those big bands to rain on us parched Mid Atlantic denizens? Please?

STOP HOGGING ALL THE RAIN, Midwest!!!

Holding out for some decent rain tomorrow - best outcome would be a thick, solid line so everyone gets some.  Man I wish we could have this coming Wednesday's low 80s and humidity for our big family get-together today.  Working the grill this afternoon is gonna be HOT!

OT but have you checked out the heat wave in the southwest?!  Possibly 120 in Phoenix this coming week.  I looked at their humidity to see how low it gets - Thursday afternoon, they had a temp of 102 and a dewpoint of -5!!  How the heck? 

2 hours ago, BlizzardNole said:

Holding out for some decent rain tomorrow - best outcome would be a thick, solid line so everyone gets some.  Man I wish we could have this coming Wednesday's low 80s and humidity for our big family get-together today.  Working the grill this afternoon is gonna be HOT!

OT but have you checked out the heat wave in the southwest?!  Possibly 120 in Phoenix this coming week.  I looked at their humidity to see how low it gets - Thursday afternoon, they had a temp of 102 and a dewpoint of -5!!  How the heck? 

Yea that heatwave is pretty robust.  Death Valley NP and Salton Sea NP have been posting some interesting stuff on their social media accounts about how the local wildlife handles this big heat.   Wonder if this eventually builds east over the summer and we get a piece of the action in July or August.

5 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Yea that heatwave is pretty robust.  Wonder if this eventually builds east over the summer and we get a piece of the action in July or August.

Hard pass.

Not bad down here on the beach this weekend with steady breezes.

LOL.  Today was the worst yet.  I literally have not seen so much as a cloud since about 2 PM.  The sky could not be any clearer here.  It also could not be any nastier outside.  Everyday, the humidity gets worse and worse, and the skies get clearer and clearer, and the plant life gets browner and browner.

.25" now in the last 23 days.  

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Hrrr still showing the bone for later. Hopefully some get lucky. Me...I just want a garden variety storm.

23z HRRR says forget about tonight... but at the very end of the run, 17z tomorrow looks nice in its development of a squall line it appears

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived