Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June 2017 Observations & Discussions Thread

bluewave

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Paragon said:

Oh, I thought you meant they weren't mentioning LGA- my bad lol.

Who do they consider "official" though?  I've heard Lee mention multiple times in the past that Central Park numbers were off from the rest of the area.

Funnily enough, they seem to be in line with JFK/SW Nassau lol- except when we're on a W/NW wind then we're up to 5 degrees warmer.

They consider Central Park official. That's the number they put on the screen for the daily hi/low temperature and current conditions. I know that at least Lee Goldberg mentions LGA's temperature when it's warranted, like it was on Tuesday. 

I watch his newscast everyday and to be honest, he really doesn't bash the Central Park temperature discrepancy imo. I don't really know about the other stations. I don't like any of them tbh 

2 hours ago, doncat said:

61 degrees this am, after 80 degree high yesterday. With all the ups and downs this month with temps, my station is running exactly normal so far.

Yeah, the major local stations are in the 0 to +1.7 range for the first 2 weeks of June. LGA and BDR on the Sound continue to have the greatest departures like they have had recently. Pretty wild extremes when you look at the LGA max temps. The 101 tied for the warmest June max of all time. While the 59 high last week was the 4th coolest daily maximum on record for the month of June.

NYC...+0.2...LGA...+1.5...JFK...+0.6....ISP...-0.1....BDR....+1.7....EWR....0.0

Just now, Brian5671 said:

:lol:You trolling?  it's clear and the dewpoint here is 48...hard to believe it's overcast and muggy just 75 miles SW of here.

The clouds have thinned a bit over the last hour but it's still mostly cloudy here and was overcast earlier.

23 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

:lol:You trolling?  it's clear and the dewpoint here is 48...hard to believe it's overcast and muggy just 75 miles SW of here.

The sun has been shining through the clouds for awhile here.  Hard to believe, but there is definitely a noticeable muggy feeling in the air.

2 minutes ago, JerseyWx said:

The sun has been shining through the clouds for awhile here.  Hard to believe, but there is definitely a noticeable muggy feeling in the air.

you are a bit closer to the warm front.    RGEM and CMC fairly wet tomorow as the front passes.  Other models much drier.

6 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

you are a bit closer to the warm front.    RGEM and CMC fairly wet tomorow as the front passes.  Other models much drier.

Yeah, 78 here.  I'm hoping tomorrow stays on the dry side.  

The thread Bluewave started looks pretty interesting.

13 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

That must have been a miserable 3 days/4 nights for you. Didn't you say that it was 96 and humid in your place?

That's incredibly bad.  Our upstsairs easily hits the upper 90's with that kind of heat, but I could never sleep up there.

Archived