SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June 2017 Observations & Discussions Thread

bluewave

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People out there really know how to complain and contradict themselves. Watching the news all I see is people complaining that it's hot. These are the same people that complained a lot last week about how cold it is and how they want the heat so bad. Now we get it and they just complain saying it's too hot. Again, not people in this forum but general people on the news. Just a pet peeve of mine. Sorry for the rant

4 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

People out there really know how to complain and contradict themselves. Watching the news all I see is people complaining that it's hot. These are the same people that complained a lot last week about how cold it is and how they want the heat so bad. Now we get it and they just complain saying it's too hot. Again, not people in this forum but general people on the news. Just a pet peeve of mine. Sorry for the rant

Because they have nothing better to do. Let me guess lots of shots of kids playing in fire hydrants? 

This temperature swing just a week apart is very impressive at LGA. Going from a daily record low max to a tie with the all time June max a week apart is pretty much unheard of. The 2010's extremes continue unabated. Past analogs are no longer operational around here.

MAXIMUM    6/7          59...-19

MAXIMUM      6/13                101......+21

Lowest max at LGA

6/6  59 in 2017  60 in 2004  60 in 2000+

27 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Well there is an even medium. Going from 50 right to 100 isn't comfortable for anyone. A few days of low 80s will be nice.

5 minutes ago, uncle W said:

it's a park...it's supposed to be cooler in the summer...That's why people go to the park when its hot out...they should move the thermometer shelter to a more open space...

They shouldnt be using the Park for climate records then.  

12 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Well there is an even medium. Going from 50 right to 100 isn't comfortable for anyone. A few days of low 80s will be nice.

Of course there's a happy medium but this is what people wanted. Hot dry weather. They get it but now it's too much. It will happen again on Friday when we stay in the 60's those same people will say I want the heat we had on Monday and Tuesday after just complaining about it today. 

Maybe it bothers me so much because it doesn't work that way in the winter usually. If it's a mild winter people will complain that it's not cold enough but when we finally go into a deep freeze those same people don't complain that it's too cold. It's fine if you like the heat in the summer and complain if it's cool but then don't just turn around and complain that it's so hot when we finally get to the 90's. Pick one!!! Ok I'm done

50 minutes ago, uncle W said:

they used to use roof tops and thermometers on buildings in lower Manhattan in the 1800's..the records in CP go back to 1869...no other site goes back that long...

Didn't know that.  I always learn something from you.   

They need to use a different location.  

7 minutes ago, NortheastPAWx said:

Still unbearable here. My room temp is 96 :axe:

My indoor temp is 90, and its terrible. 96 is uninhabitable lol.  Indoor temp always peaks at night I notice. Only bedrooms have ac, once I step out its pow to the face. Unfortunately when it cools down outside it doesnt cool the bldgs down for a while. Houses holding heat like LGA.

1 hour ago, doncat said:

Station splits last 3 days....Sun, 93/67..Mon, 95/69 and Tues, 97/70.

1 hour ago, psv88 said:

92, 96, 98 here 

Heat wave here: Sun - 91.4/63.4, Mon - 92/65.6, Tues - 94.1/67.4

Dew points kept overnights unimpressive in terms of warmth. Today was the most impressive day for high temps in rural New Jersey. 95F+ highs are difficult to achieve at our latitude away from the urban zones.

Archived