Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June 2017 Discussion

Powerball

3 hours ago, weatherbo said:

49 degrees at 2pm with mist, but steadier rain is over, thankfully! 

Another heavy rain event wed night/thur could push my June rain total to 7.5-8".

Rivers and streams must be running at the highest you have ever seen them with all the rain this spring-early summer.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, michsnowfreak said:

Regarding the insane rain cutoff in MI....I am at just 1.24" on the month IMBY! DTW is at 1.46". To give perspective, at Detroit the 10th driest June on record is 1.30" and the 20th is 1.61". So while that seems unlikely to attain based on the Thu-Fri forecast, it is a CRAZY difference from less than 2 hours north.

If you can believe it, Battle Creek is at 0.97" for the month while Kalamazoo is just at 0.75"! Quite the difference 1-2 hours north or south make. 

I like the look of many ensembles showing several rounds of convection across the region and sub-forum in general, however, depending on what model you view - areas already hard hit could be hit again with very heavy rainfall but this time we add a severe prospect from Wed PM through Sat. With the ground in central Michigan so wet, it wouldn't take much wind to start causing tree issues atop of flooding issues. 

11 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

Regarding the insane rain cutoff in MI....I am at just 1.24" on the month IMBY! DTW is at 1.46". To give perspective, at Detroit the 10th driest June on record is 1.30" and the 20th is 1.61". So while that seems unlikely to attain based on the Thu-Fri forecast, it is a CRAZY difference from less than 2 hours north.

I hope you guys down south get the big rains from the thu-fri system, we DO NOT need anymore here thats for sure lol, a lot of the local farm fields look pretty damaged / stunted from the flooding, it's been drying up ok though the last few days with only a few showers around here.

13 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

My house is only about 1 hr north of Detroit and we have to be over 6" for the month so far, it pored again yesterday afternoon and again just after dark last night. We don't need another drop of rain for a week or two........ 

16 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

0.44" from the morning stuff.  Up to 2.42" for June.  Dews are up over 20 degrees compared to this time yesterday.

Been getting rain in smaller doses around here this month.  Would think a bigger soaking will happen at some point in the next couple days... would be a quite a dodgeball act if not.

7 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Been getting rain in smaller doses around here this month.  Would think a bigger soaking will happen at some point in the next couple days... would be a quite a dodgeball act if not.

Yeah some of us could really get it the next 24-30hrs.  

About 40 miles south in Galva a buddy from work has had over 6" this month.  It's been sort of hit and miss the last few weeks.

Today's the 19th anniversary of a very high wind event for here.  Was living in the QC at the time, so didn't get to experience it.  People still talk about how ferocious the winds were, and how much damage it did to trees around town.  Neighbor next door said there was a large tree that fell between our two houses from the storm.  

There was a storm report that had 90mph winds for here in Erie.

5lbeq1.jpg

35a1ut2.jpg

55 minutes ago, Trent said:

June should end up 10th warmest on record for CLE. 8 out of the last 12 months made a top 10 warmest list. Pretty remarkable. 

With a departure around +3F.  You know we're in summer when a departure like that is good enough for top 10.

19 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

Picked up 0.34" overnight, monthly total now 1.58". Crazy difference from less than 2 hours north.

Lol, we smoked that monthly total in a couple of hours alone here today. I continue to be amazed at the wild variations in rain totals throughout the subforum. Still light rain here, but I've caught 8.63" so far for June. Add the 9.48" from May and we have a two month total of 18.11".

Archived