Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2017 Discussion

Powerball

1 hour ago, Powerball said:

Nice! SUNY Oswego I asusme?

I may be moving out of state myself soon if a job comes through (pretty good chance). I don't want to say where exactly right now, but the new location would still be within the subforum (albeit barely).

You would be correct! Job market in Ohio looks pretty bleak for meteorology related jobs... so I'll probably be leaving the state at some point too. 

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Interesting.  Only 2 days behind 1988.  Still probably the hottest summer I can remember ever experiencing, although 2012 gave it a run.

Still 81 degrees out here in the boonies as we pass 11pm.

1988 was just getting started at this point. Ended up being a pretty frequent 90 degree producer from June-August (obviously it must've been to rack up such a big total) and also put up the all-time June record for Chicago (104 on the 20th).

89 here with some fair weather cu popping up overhead.  Winds have a slightly more westerly component today, but dews a bit higher than yesterday with more clouds.  Thinking 93-94 at MLI will do it.  Tomorrow looks like the hottest of the stretch with 95-96 looking possible as long as convective debris doesn't factor in.

48 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

89 here with some fair weather cu popping up overhead.

While CMH just hit 90 at intra-hour for a second day in a row, same here. DAY will likely stop at 89 for today, especially the fact that TWC already reduced today's highs to the mid-80s early this morning. :lol:

15 minutes ago, hawkeye_wx said:

The outflow from the storms up north pushed through here.  We've had quite a few 30+ mph wind gusts over the last 30 minutes.  The temp has plunged to the mid 70s.

Nice.  Still 88 here, but OF on the way.  As expected the storms over Iowa crapped the bed as they approached the area.  

12 hours ago, Chicago Storm said:

Low of 76 this morning at ORD, which puts the record high min temp of 75 (1920) that Hoosier mentioned in jeopardy... If it can hold later, with potential for outflow from storms in WI tonight.

Looks like that boundary is about to move through ORD, putting the record high min in jeopardy. Looks like a fairly quick temperature drop behind it but question is whether it will be enough.  

21 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Looks like that boundary is about to move through ORD, putting the record high min in jeopardy. Looks like a fairly quick temperature drop behind it but question is whether it will be enough.  

It's going to be close, that's' for sure. I'm thinking it comes up just short however.

HRRR/RAP breaking out widespread popcorn storms tomorrow afternoon, which has to be watched for 90+ issues, should that activity occur. Then there's very good agreement on storms for Wed/Wed night, which could put 90+ in jeopardy that day as well.

Archived