Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
June 2017 Discussion

Powerball

1 hour ago, cyclone77 said:

Second is at Jask in southern Iran, on a peninsula that jots out into the Gulf of Oman.  (It's on the right side of the pic where the dew is 90).  They reported 100/90, producing a heat index of 147!  Wind was blowing in off the extremely warm/shallow waters of the western portion of the GOO.

a0icYBp.png

Boggles my mind that anyone could live in such a place... Even at night it must be absolute misery.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Spartman said:

Currently at 87F. I can expect temps to hit a brick wall about everywhere soon. Just as I thought, TWC has recently thrown in the towel on hitting 90 this week, especially tomorrow, and even the entire month.

It may never reach 90 again.

26 minutes ago, Spartman said:

Currently at 87F. I can expect temps to hit a brick wall about everywhere soon. Just as I thought, TWC has recently thrown in the towel on hitting 90 this week, especially tomorrow, and even the entire month.

Temps have stopped rising in the Dayton, Columbus, and Cincinnati areas. Has lately dropped from 87F to 86F as of 2:56pm while CVG is stuck at 86F and CMH being stuck at 87 (despite hitting 88 at intra-hour a little earlier).

14 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

It may never reach 90 again.

Although it may be better off to hold off on the first 90-degree reading of the year until next month, I just hope this doesn't become like 2008 when that Summer set history on the latest first 90-degree day happening on August 21 of that year and was the only Summer ever to date that Dayton's 90-degree days would hold off until August. Since the beginning of record-keeping, Dayton has only had 3 Summers that temps would fail to reach 90 the entire year (1958, 2000, and 2004).

59 minutes ago, Jonger said:

I'm glad to see a cooler pattern is on the horizon.

Bring back the sun and mid 70's.

(That's optimistic, probably more like 80 and sun)

Lol keep dreaming.

Giant western trough is apparent on the end of the 12z EURO run. Enjoy your transient two day cool shot though. 

Hit 90 an hour ago per the hourly obs, really puts into perspective how brutally hot summer of 2012 was, we have since struggled to reach even the upper 90’s since then. 

Although 2012 was a dry heat, hardly any humidity since we had no moisture. Still a historic summer. 

1 hour ago, cyclone77 said:

92/67/96 here.  Definite uptick in humidity compared to the past several days.  Nice breeze helps though, so it's not bad out there.  Grass is fried.

About the same here.  It's not terrible, but the temp is up a few degrees, the dew is up five degrees, and the wind is less, so it's noticeably hotter than yesterday.  

Rainfall this week is still a mystery.  The latest WPC graphic has several rounds of storms dropping big totals from far northern Iowa up into Minnesota and Wisconsin.  It's entirely possible at least some spots around here get little or nothing Wednesday.

Looks like 93 for a high at ORD.

I'd give it about a 65% chance of hitting 95 tomorrow.  Should start the day in the low or mid 70s and temps aloft look a tad warmer than today.  Should 95 occur, it would be the first time it's happened in June since 2012.

Looks like 93 for a high at ORD.

I'd give it about a 65% chance of hitting 95 tomorrow.  Should start the day in the low or mid 70s and temps aloft look a tad warmer than today.  Should 95 occur, it would be the first time it's happened in June since 2012.

The 3km NAM has temp concerns with convection in the area.

2 minutes ago, AppsRunner said:

Research internship over the summer at DMX. Then back to college in upstate NY in the fall and who knows where I'll go once I graduate! 

Nice! SUNY Oswego I asusme?

I may be moving out of state myself soon if a job comes through (pretty good chance). I don't want to say where exactly right now, but the new location would still be within the subforum (albeit barely).

21 minutes ago, Powerball said:

Nice! SUNY Oswego I asusme?

I may be moving out of state myself soon if a job comes through (pretty good chance). I don't want to say where exactly right now, but the new location would still be within the subforum (albeit barely).

Look at that teaser haha. Won't say where...hmm. I'm a Michigan boy thru and thru but if you move I hope it's to a sunnier location for your sake! I hope the job pans out for you. Were you trying to move out of state? The job market in SE MI is doing pretty well. I just got a promotion at work myself. Makes the rush hour drive to Farmington Hills a little more bearable :lol:

13 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Look at that teaser haha. Won't say where...hmm. I'm a Michigan boy thru and thru but if you move I hope it's to a sunnier location for your sake! I hope the job pans out for you. Were you trying to move out of state? The job market in SE MI is doing pretty well. I just got a promotion at work myself. Makes the rush hour drive to Farmington Hills a little more bearable :lol:

I don't want to say where because it's not a lock yet. :P

That said, I'm not sure what field you're in, but I'm finding that the job market in Michigan is still pretty terrible unless you're an Engineering / IT graduate from U of M or MSU, especially with the Big 3 automakers and Tier 1 Suppliers on soft hiring freezes with the decline in sales this year. 

I would considering staying if the opportunities were here (much of my family is here and you get an excellent bang for your buck with the low COL), but you gotta do what you gotta do. 

35 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

The 3km NAM has temp concerns with convection in the area.

The 18z run looked more bullish than the 12z run.  I guess we'll have to wait and see. I was figuring on Tuesday being the more iffy day with convection/outflow.  

77 was the high here today before the rain moved in, 61 currently.  Heavier storms stayed well south along the WI border, but have managed a decent rain since early afternoon.  Possibility of ending up with nearly 2" before it ends late.  Seasonal 60's and 70's on tap this coming week with rain chances as well.

Everything is so green!

Archived