Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Convective Thread

weatherwiz

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Frequent or just close strikes? Sometimes you get a period in the storm's life where it spits out a bunch of CGs locally.

Both it seemed or at least that's what it seemed like.  Not like your humid July evening strobe light but it seemed impressive.  Of course from the mountain we have a better vantage point than a lot of spots.  

Interesting I saw almost no wind at the mountain but driving home there's certainly scattered wind damage in town.  

Saw 10-15 trees down along about a mile stretch of road near home and walking the dog I just noticed scattered damage along our wood line.

Weaker trees on the whole probably but this type of stuff was scattered along RT 108 near my house.  3-4 trees down in this out the car window shot.  

IMG_6046.thumb.JPG.b2512dc1a08b3d9772bf742a29266100.JPG

The woodline around our yard had some damage that looked like the first round of trees inside the forest took the brunt of the wind.

IMG_6049.JPG.9cb6dbf0c17ba3bf1765504d967c335a.JPG

And then a ton of this sized stuff down, large branches.

IMG_6051.JPG.3cca5a5b8a506631b8d84a656f5ae06a.JPG

Ground is saturated and most of the trees looked to be shallow unrooted stuff. Probably sub-severe wind speeds but the warning could probably be justified.

16 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Both it seemed or at least that's what it seemed like.  Not like your humid July evening strobe light but it seemed impressive.  Of course from the mountain we have a better vantage point than a lot of spots.  

Interesting I saw almost no wind at the mountain but driving home there's certainly scattered wind damage in town.  

Saw 10-15 trees down along about a mile stretch of road near home and walking the dog I just noticed scattered damage along our wood line.

Weaker trees on the whole probably but this type of stuff was scattered along RT 108 near my house.  3-4 trees down in this out the car window shot.  

IMG_6046.thumb.JPG.b2512dc1a08b3d9772bf742a29266100.JPG

The woodline around our yard had some damage that looked like the first round of trees inside the forest took the brunt of the wind.

IMG_6049.JPG.9cb6dbf0c17ba3bf1765504d967c335a.JPG

And then a ton of this sized stuff down, large branches.

IMG_6051.JPG.3cca5a5b8a506631b8d84a656f5ae06a.JPG

Ground is saturated and most of the trees looked to be shallow unrooted stuff. Probably sub-severe wind speeds but the warning could probably be justified.

Good stuff. Legit storm there.

Starting to fizzle to my Northwest. I'm back in clouds already, after a 1 hr sunny respite. The inflow into these storms from the east is going to really suck the life out of them as they traverse the area.

Those lines further southwest look like they're hanging tough so far...

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Gawdamn, that was 10 minutes of fun. Frequent cloud to ground, gusty winds and pea size hail with torrential rain.  

This pic was just before it hit. 

IMG_1843.thumb.JPG.e120aec0b8277f97d422c33a98f70b1e.JPG

Nice.   I was just checking thd westher back home.....looked like a pummeling.  Flying back tomorrow anticipating the need for heavy mowing.

Archived