Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Convective Thread

weatherwiz

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got 0.82" here, 0.27" from the first line, 0.55" 9:30-midnight (or beyond) from #2.  That 2nd one had lots of bright flashes, none closer than 12 seconds so I'm guessing mainly cloud-to-cloud.  The Rt 202 corridor between LEW and AUG looked like the bullseye on cocorahs - 2.83" at Winthrop was the top report.  6 PM news also reported blowdowns blocking a road in the Hiram area.  Radar shows lots of rain upstream; still just fog here in AUG but rain has resumed on the home front.

9 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

My friend in New London (CT) just texted she thinks they had a tornado go through....she reported trees everywhere.  I asked her to send pics.....I'll share if I get any.

Downburst it seems, velocity data at the same time we had 44mph on the ground and 68.3 at 215 feet

Untitled.png

burst.png

2 hours ago, StormSurge said:

We only lost power because Groton did. You didn't miss anything special, other than the sound of the storm approaching. Sounded like the end of days. Run of the mill strong summer storm here. 

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. A relative texted that they lost power in a storm, so I was annoyed to have missed it.

Archived