Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Convective Thread

weatherwiz

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, OceanStWx said:

Punch that core! Get me some verification.

No, don't do that. I can't condone that behavior.

I actually hate driving in rain and virtually never ever do it, ha.

The tail end of that storm looked quite menacing with swirly scud a little while ago.  As it was coming over the hill, it briefly looked just like a massive wedge tornado.  Now it's getting all smooth and supercelly looking, to use the technical terms.  Could end up being one of my finer time lapses.

Just now, eekuasepinniW said:

I actually hate driving in rain and virtually never ever do it, ha.

The tail end of that storm looked quite menacing with swirly scud a little while ago.  As it was coming over the hill, it briefly looked just like a massive wedge tornado.  Now it's getting all smooth and supercelly looking, to use the technical terms.  Could end up being one of my finer time lapses.

We did see some pics from a vacationing met. It does have a nice smooth meso to it, with a ragged wall cloud feature beneath it. 

1 minute ago, wxeyeNH said:

Okay,  here is the drone video from 715pm as the storm was just to my east.  Lots of lightning.  Sure looks like a wall cloud on the SW edge.  Heavy rain/hail? to the NE of the wall cloud.  Looks like storm was rotating but can't be sure.  Thoughts??

Awesome. Now I know what the backside of my wedge tornado looks like. 

3 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Okay,  here is the drone video from 715pm as the storm was just to my east.  Lots of lightning.  Sure looks like a wall cloud on the SW edge.  Heavy rain/hail? to the NE of the wall cloud.  Looks like storm was rotating but can't be sure.  Thoughts??

I mean everything is the in the correct place for a wall cloud based on the storm environment expected today. Updraft/wall cloud should be on the SW side, with the forward flank rain/hail to the NE. 

It definitely had mid level rotation based on radar velocity. I'm a little surprised we haven't heard more from the 93/Rt. 3 area.

Wow.  I'm on the backside of the line looking at the line of anvils.  Dendrite, eek you must be getting slammed.  Just counted.  42 lightning bolts to my SE within 1 minute time.  Near constant thunder to my SE.  Reminds me of the old days growing up in Baltimore.  Quite the show going on!!

Here is a video clip I just made of the past 5 minutes.  Condensed into 30 seconds.  I'm looking south so you are only seeing the cell to the SSE. The whole line to my east that you can't see is going like this, so this is just a bit of the action...

https://video.nest.com/clip/d9e4942a871240cbab68e4eb762e69f3.mp4

Archived