Convective Thread

weatherwiz

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Timing. Had front way down past NYC

noo...  no it didn't. 

It had it there by 00z and in fact still does.    i think you read things wrongly/not closely enough because well ... you didn't read - you just saw the word BD and panicked and scrolled on -

12 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Hoping to coax that cell in Old Saybrook out here. There are dozens of little Optimist sailboats fleeing as fast as they can into the harbor.

We're going to get shafted. :)

However, it's my first chance to play softball tonight, so the way my luck goes, if we get anything, it will be around 6, 6:30. :)

Kinda surprised that the seabreeze didn't light up on the north shore of Long Island this afternoon. Usually does when dews get that warm. Might have been slightly capped from a ML parcel perspective or had some larger scale descent to deal with. 

From the looks of ALB radar, parts of w CT could see 4-8 inches of rain later today as the low slides east-south-east and fronts continue to back door then later remain in situ (can see double frontal structure at present, roughly 100 miles apart, each of these will maybe push another 50-80 miles then the large area of heavy rain in eastern NY will become the dominant feature for CT). I came in to look at your discussion because I have friends driving east to BOS-Fall River area from w NY at present, have told them they might be following back edge but worst of this is pushing south of their route ... models seem to spare s.e. MA from heaviest rain, is that your thinking? What about Providence if they go that way?

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Microburst when that core collapsed, at first Ryan, Ed didn't believe it

Unfortunately that collapse scoured the atmosphere for miles around New Haven, and it's probably gonna kill that little sup wannabe cell coming up the coast... Might briefly spin it up a bit as the boundary hits, though...

Archived