SnowHabit
Convective Thread

weatherwiz

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

TSTM number 3 now.

Love those days.  We had 4 one day last week and it's about as exciting as summer gets haha.  

Congrats to a good event in SNE.  With those dews in the mid-70s it's no wonder these things are laying down some insane rainfall.  

That KBED rain is crazy.  Nearly 2.5" in a little over half an hour is hard to fathom.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Love those days.  We had 4 one day last week and it's about as exciting as summer gets haha.  

Congrats to a good event in SNE.  With those dews in the mid-70s it's no wonder these things are laying down some insane rainfall.  

That KBED rain is crazy.  Nearly 2.5" in a little over half an hour is hard to fathom.

I've been in a hole locally last few summers. Literally within like a 1-2 mile radius. Just bad luck.  Finally a good one.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I've been in a hole locally last few summers. Literally within like a 1-2 mile radius. Just bad luck.  Finally a good one.

Nice.  Gotta be some sweet flooded underpass photos out there.  Can't imagine that much rain in a more highly urbanized spot.  That's the stuff that gets like water up to the side view mirrors in mall parking lots.

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Nice.  Gotta be some sweet flooded underpass photos out there.  Can't imagine that much rain in a more highly urbanized spot.  That's the stuff that gets like water up to the side view mirrors in mall parking lots.

I remember tubing down School St in Westerly during a heavy T storm. Lol love it

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Lol. Tomorrow looks far better than today. Wild soundings 

At one point tomorrow looked much better but I think that ship may be sailing.  SE CT or coastal CT may have an opportunity but I think the BDCF really screws us.  It's a very, very shallow front and you can see on some soundings after 20z or so low-level wind fields become all wacky.  NAM NEST not really generating much during the afternoon either and doesn't develop much until after 20z but by that point we get cooked.  However, this could also hinge on how the morning plays out and what type of crap we have going on.  Models though are much better with lapse rates too

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

At one point tomorrow looked much better but I think that ship may be sailing.  SE CT or coastal CT may have an opportunity but I think the BDCF really screws us.  It's a very, very shallow front and you can see on some soundings after 20z or so low-level wind fields become all wacky.  NAM NEST not really generating much during the afternoon either and doesn't develop much until after 20z but by that point we get cooked.  However, this could also hinge on how the morning plays out and what type of crap we have going on.  Models though are much better with lapse rates too

DUDE only the nam is that fast . Everything else keeps the front north of the Pike until mid- late afternoon. Don't use the Nam for this 

Archived