Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Heavy Rainstorm Friday night into Sunday morning

NJwx85

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

17 minutes ago, psv88 said:

This argument is dumb. It was a run of the mill rainstorm. Period.

i disagree if it was all snow we would have 18 inches or more.... even among snowstorms their are moderate storms and heavy storms.. so this was not a run of the mill rainstorm.. it was more than that...

7 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

you can't use the "if it were winter this would have been 3 feet of snow" argument because the atmosphere is much warmer in may vs winter and can hold more moisture 

You know damn well the atmospheric gymnastics that were in play to make that storm possible. 

Nothing normal about 45 degrees at 3PM and pouring rain in this area in Mid May.

When you consider just our area, the NYC metro, it really wasn't that impressive of a storm IMHO.  The only thing I'll remember, like others have said, is the cold.  Stuck in the 40's almost the entire event.  Despite that, we've had cool and rainy days in May before, such as last year.

4 minutes ago, dmillz25 said:

Why the **** are we arguing about a damn May nor'easter? The NAO blocking was impressive in it's own right. **** a rainstorm lol. Now I wonder if this is the beginning of a -NAO regime

you can't possible have a more nastier day for almost the middle of may then we had for that nor"easter

Archived