SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Heavy Rainstorm Friday night into Sunday morning

NJwx85

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My thoughts are generally 1.5-2.5" near the coast and city, and 0.75"-1.5" well inland. Models earlier this morning looked more impressive with the low development and heavy rain development, but 18z models are generally backing off and developing the low later. It'll be a nasty, windy and wet day regardless. I don't see much back-end rain unless the upper lows develop more than currently. The rain won't be very much behind the low unless winds far aloft can back around via closed 500/700mb lows. If those stay open, there won't be a mechanism to transport moisture around the low. 

4 hours ago, Animal said:

Radar  indicates that I should see the first drops of rain soon. Going to be interesting to see how deep the puddles get today in the area.  Figure could measure a few that are a few inches deep in favored water collection zones.

temp 46f

You measure puddle depth for rainstorms? I've never heard of that. I wouldn't think that would be very accurate

7 hours ago, Animal said:

Radar  indicates that I should see the first drops of rain soon. Going to be interesting to see how deep the puddles get today in the area.  Figure could measure a few that are a few inches deep in favored water collection zones.

temp 46f

I measured about an inch near the curb 15 mins ago.  

Archived