Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Upper Level System of Doom Observation and Discussion

NJwx85

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These next few days really don't look so bad, we'll probably get near 60 if not low 60s as our temps tend to over perform outside an onshore flow this time of year.

Sure if you're looking for 70s and 80s you'll be disappointed but they'll probably be here before May 20th. 

11 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

These next few days really don't look so bad, we'll probably get near 60 if not low 60s as our temps tend to over perform outside an onshore flow this time of year.

Sure if you're looking for 70s and 80s you'll be disappointed but they'll probably be here before May 20th. 

True..and today is a nice day. It feels pretty warm when your in the sun

1 hour ago, SnoSki14 said:

It also depends on how much sun we see.  If we get enough breaks then temps can easily shoot into the mid-60s. 

34 minutes ago, JerseyWx said:

It also depends on how much sun we see.  If we get enough breaks then temps can easily shoot into the mid-60s. 

Perhaps although in this pattern the heating will be very self-destructive and lead to more widespread cloud cover putting a cap on how high temps can get. 

Upper levels will be very cold for this time of year. 

14 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Perhaps although in this pattern the heating will be very self-destructive and lead to more widespread cloud cover putting a cap on how high temps can get. 

I agree.  Like today, the sun made temps soar well into the 60s, but clouds soon returned and cooled things down.

19 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Not here for some reason, it was mostly sunny after 11am and got into the mid 60's...a pleasant surprise

7 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Not here for some reason, it was mostly sunny after 11am and got into the mid 60's...a pleasant surprise

The Euro did a great job yesterday forecasting the dry slot to clear things out here on LI and CT. It also nailed the storm yesterday showing the 3" jackpot from early in the week.

9 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

2 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The Euro did a great job yesterday forecasting the dry slot to clear things out here on LI and CT. It also nailed the storm yesterday showing the 3" jackpot.

So you guys steal the heavy rain yesterday and the sun today...thanks. Thanks a lot :wacko:

2 hours ago, Stormlover74 said:

Back to overcast here

It was nice out for about two hours today; by late morning I had to break out an insulated windbreaker. Haven't seen the sun since. This weather has really put a damper on the fishing season, both fresh and saltwater. But i hate hot weather so as long as that is put off for as long as possible, I'm ok with that.

16 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

So you guys steal the heavy rain yesterday and the sun today...thanks. Thanks a lot :wacko:

The heaviest was further west of me but it was a decent soaker. The vegetation is greening up really nicely here. Drought is my least favorite form of weather. Glad I don't live in a place that is prone to severe droughts like they get in other parts of the country.

Archived