Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upper Level System of Doom Observation and Discussion

NJwx85

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rtd208 said:

While I don't like to bash the NWS I will be honest, I have lost confidence in both the Mt.Holly and Upton NWS offices, it seems like they drop the ball more often then not these days.

Thanks. 

1 minute ago, Animal said:

Huge bust in most areas.

Barley an inch in Cape May & NW got garden variety rain drops.

Heck the puddles were not all that impressive either.

Okay Cape May is not even in our area. And most areas in and around the city are either over 3" or close.

At 4 pm, NYC's total rainfall had reached 3.00". That is the 18th 3.00" or greater precipitation event in the period beginning in 2000. Since 2000, such extreme precipitation events have been about 70% more common than the were prior to 2000.

Newark has received 3.05" and Teterboro has picked up 3.21" of precipitation.

7 minutes ago, Animal said:

Huge bust in most areas.

Barley an inch in Cape May & NW got garden variety rain drops.

Heck the puddles were not all that impressive either.

Most areas? I don't think so. West of Morris county and south jersey maybe. It was actually an overperformer here and for most of the NYC metro area

3 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Most areas? I don't think so. West of Morris county and south jersey maybe. It was actually an overperformer here and for most of the NYC metro area

you guys live in a bubble. There are people outside a 35 miles wide area either side of NYC. LOL

Ask people outside that area if they got crushed. I am in the Mt Holly forecast zone in Sussex County & Cape May county NJ.

3 minutes ago, Animal said:

you guys live in a bubble. There are people outside a 35 miles wide area either side of NYC. LOL

Ask people outside that area if they got crushed. I am in the Mt Holly forecast zone in Sussex County & Cape May county NJ.

Hard to call this one a bust. Sorry. ASOS sites all the way out to suffolk recorded well over an inch of rain. This wasnt a localized cell which dumped on the boros...CNJ-NENJ out to suffolk had flooding rains. Bust by you maybe. Not for most of Upton's CWA

6 minutes ago, Animal said:

Can we fact-check this?  I'm kinda doubtful this is accurate.

Archived