Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Banter Thread

George BM

9 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

I'm watching it snow out the window in CO right now and I'll be chasing a High Risk this afternoon in KS.  DC weather sucks.

Near Denver? What's sad is that there is a good chance you will more snow out there in a day then we saw all winter here especially if you are in the higher elevations.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, H2O said:

my daughters have been so fascinated with them.  They have even picked them up and let them crawl on their hands/arms.  its so cool.

It's cool when kids are interested in critters.  I've read some "recipes" of deep frying them (cicadas, not kids) that I've never been able to bring myself to try.  2021 might be the year...

7 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

No tornado, but I was in the middle of some nasty stuff at one point.  One of the inflow gusts got my heart racing.  Played it safe though.

6 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I saw that there might have been a 104 mph gust in the region today? Big time stuff. 

Are you both taking any video for us to enjoy? If so @WxWatcher007, I hope you got something a little better then the Flintstone camcorder I suggested a few weeks ago. :D

We were out of town when the cicadas started coming out, so when we came home there were a good number of shells on trees and in the grass. I've seen the occasional live cicada here and there, but haven't personally noticed any calls. I tried to get our dog to eat one, but he wasn't interested. He walked away as if to say "This isn't a side of beef, so I'm not interested."

Cicadas are awesome though. 2004 was absolutely insane at my now-in-laws' house in Herndon (I lived in Adams Morgan at the time). Just millions of them literally everywhere, and the calls in the afternoon sounded like an alien landing. Absolutely incredible. 2021 should be awesome now that we're living in the suburbs.

18 minutes ago, mattie g said:

We were out of town when the cicadas started coming out, so when we came home there were a good number of shells on trees and in the grass. I've seen the occasional live cicada here and there, but haven't personally noticed any calls. I tried to get our dog to eat one, but he wasn't interested. He walked away as if to say "This isn't a side of beef, so I'm not interested."

Cicadas are awesome though. 2004 was absolutely insane at my now-in-laws' house in Herndon (I lived in Adams Morgan at the time). Just millions of them literally everywhere, and the calls in the afternoon sounded like an alien landing. Absolutely incredible. 2021 should be awesome now that we're living in the suburbs.

oh man. i remember 2004. was dating a guy who lived in NOVA, went to visit his parents that summer and god damn they were EVERYWHERE. 

I am asking for help finding sponsors to help raise money for my debate team.  If it's deemed inappropriate to post this here please delete and I am sorry.  I've been coaching a policy debate team at Carver Vo Tech HS in Baltimore for the last 12 years.  It's a great opportunity for students who may not have many.  We are in one of the poorer neighborhoods in the city.  We have helped several get scholarships and in the last 3 years we won a city championship, district title, and qualified for nationals twice.  We need to raise money to be able to attend nationals next month, and due to budget cuts we lost all funding from the school district and our local city league has folded so if we are going to survive we will need sponsors.  Take a look and if you can't contribute yourself I totally understand but please share it on Facebook  or twitter and help us get to as many people as possible.  Thank you.

http://www.gofundme.com/sponsor-carver-debate

5 hours ago, mattie g said:

Wife has started the discussion about possibly moving farther west in Northern VA in the next few years, and she has her eyes set on Warrenton. Any folks out that way have input on whether the latitude hurts for snow out there compared to place like Burke?

Talk her into moving north to snowy Maryland instead.

2 hours ago, mattie g said:

I can say with confidence that that will not happen. :lol:

Winchester.  Growing, all the conveniences, not much farther out, elevation, latitude, tons of bars, breweries, wineries, sports, arts.

We don't call it Funchester for nothing.

On 4/4/2017 at 7:36 AM, smokeybandit said:

So Total Wine's website says I can't get KBS in Laurel, but Towson has it.  Yet when I go to the Towson site on the TW website, it says not available.

So Total Wine posts on Facebook today they have Goose Island Boubon County Stout in limited supply.  Sweet, I rush down there, get my limited-to-one bottle from customer service.  The guy tells me, "you know we have KBS in stock, too"

Holy jackpot.  I grabbed two bomber bottles.  I see some guy with 6 of them in line, too.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived