Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May Obs/Disco Thread

George BM

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

I wish I was out there to see snow on May 7th. That's extremely rare even for there. 

Embrace it nj2..:D

Currently 49/47 with rain. .20" today

I've never experienced snow in May so I am looking forward to that part. NWS Pitt calling for less than 0.5" tomorrow which is pretty remarkable for May 7. I'll take pictures. 

38, windy, and light rain. Let's go Caps!

52 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Good time to do it with the wet ground.

I'm going to chicken out and cut the bushes off at ground level, spectracide the stump and then throw mulch over it.  Eventually it'll rot out and then I can Randy Savage them out of the ground. :devilsmiley:

LOL how frustrating is this:

With the NAO remaining strongly negative, flow will be blocked and
persistent northwest flow will result in below normal temperatures
the entire week. A positive trend in the NAO towards neutral over
the weekend supports the idea of a potentially more substantial area
of low pressure tracking near the coast as evidenced by several
ensemble members of various model centers (GEFS/EC).

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

Proving over and over again how awful the winter that wasn't was. 

I'm in...for flooding rains lol 

Yea, a good 4 - 6" of rain in about 18 hours would be good.  Trout fishing this spring has been awful...rivers and stream needs a good flush.  This setup is probably only a paltry inch or two though.  Was speaking with the LWX hydrologist at a Skywarn class in Montgomery County and he said the Potomac is due for a flood (hasn't been one in about 6 years) so maybe this is our year?

14 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Yea, a good 4 - 6" of rain in about 18 hours would be good.  Trout fishing this spring has been awful...rivers and stream needs a good flush.  This setup is probably only a paltry inch or two though.  Was speaking with the LWX hydrologist at a Skywarn class in Montgomery County and he said the Potomac is due for a flood (hasn't been one in about 6 years) so maybe this is our year?

Where you here during TS Lee?

7 minutes ago, yoda said:

Yup

:huh:

Pretty sure DC had 5-10 inches of rain... I had nearly a foot where I was

The first map shows Irene, but the heaviest rain from Lee was over S. Maryland, N. Virginia and the Susquehanna River basin.  West of I-95 in Maryland only got about 4" - 6" of rain and most of it was scattered in nature.  There was "flooding", but our in house records and GIS data show most of it was over the low water crossings and poor drainage areas.  Nothing unusual in Montgomery.

Lee was great. Some of the sickest training heavy rain for hours I've seen in my yard ever. You could have kayaked down the steps in my neighbors back yard. 

The funny thing is my neighbor sold the house to noobs coming from a condo. They completely cleared the steep backyard hill to basically bare dirt and haven't planted a thing there yet. If we get another Lee type event they might have a mudslide. Definitely major erosion but I'm not just joking around about a mini mudslide. It could happen.  

Not only is this ENTIRE WEEK going to be delightfully cool, but this upcoming weekend is shapin' up to be a doozy: MORE RAIN and even more delightfully COOL WEATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is nothing better than a long epic jebwalk, soaked to the very bone from heavy rains, amidst battleship gray skies and a refreshing breeze! I AM IN HEAVEN!

I absolutely LOVE this pattern! What's not to like?  :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

It has been enjoyable cool jebwalk after refreshing jebwalk after spectacular jebwalk!!! I am beside my self with sublime JOY! I can hardly believe this!!!

On 5/5/2017 at 3:32 PM, losetoa6 said:

Hey..we get to do this again next weekend. 

Euro below..

ecmwf_z500_mslp_us_9.png

Hour 216 500mb..

ecmwf_z500a_namer_10.png

Now THAT is what I'm talkin about!!!! I want MOAR Rain!! More refreshing breezes! More battleship gray skies! And even more of those incredibly DELIGHTFUL cool jebwalks!! What's not to like?

I wish that storm would stall there for a month with rain and nice breezes!!!

9 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Nikon Coolpix B500. Not necessarily a professional's camera but I'm hoping it gets the job done in the Midwest. Took it out for a spin today, still need to work on the long zoom features to better capture wx. 

Nice shots! That's going to be an incredible trip, and I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures.

37 here.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived