• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Obs/Disco Thread

George BM

I've recorded rain nearly every day this month.  Our garlic and beets love this weather, but the peppers and tomatoes are about to give up.  Already lost 2 due to neck rot.  Lot of the farmers are my fire department are cursing this weather and the cool, moldy soil that's ruining their corn and soybean crop.  

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I've recorded rain nearly every day this month.  Our garlic and beets love this weather, but the peppers and tomatoes are about to give up.  Already lost 2 due to neck rot.  Lot of the farmers are my fire department are cursing this weather and the cool, moldy soil that's ruining their corn and soybean crop.  

You are not allowed to say all that , cape will say you complain too much. 

1 minute ago, North Balti Zen said:

You are not allowed to say all that , cape will say you complain too much. 

As long as you have well drained soil it will be fine. My 35 tomato plants are doing fine. My 60×50' garden is doing surprisingly well (except cucumbers). I'm definitely looking forward to it drying out tho. The big farmers have more issue. Hopefully it dries out for them this week. 

Cloudy and probably 68

3 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

I don't want uncomfortable heat - I would have like some dry sunny days in the upper 70s / low 80s in may and we really haven't had that and the 10 day forecast I am looking at looks very wet and very cool. Very. I don't know what you are seeing.

72.8 here at 11am and humid as heck.  Mostly upper 70s and lower 80s coming up.  You may have a different definition of "cool" than I do.

What a weird shape the storms along I-66 are turning into... like an upside down L... I am guessing it will be a couple hours before things quiet down tonight

ETA: Evening LWX AFD explains why

Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Baltimore MD/Washington DC
929 PM EDT Tue May 30 2017

.SYNOPSIS...
Upper level low pressure will drift east across the north side
of the Great Lakes this week. In the meantime, weak high
pressure will prevail over the Mid Atlantic outside of weak cold
frontal passages tonight and Wednesday night. High pressure
builds into the area for the end of the week.

&&

.NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 AM WEDNESDAY MORNING/...
While convective activity has diminished in intensity over the
last hour or so...convective regeneration continues along
residual outflow boundaries and a convectively-reinforced
stationary front across north central VA. MUCAPE near 1000 J/Kg...with
EBS AOA 40kts (per 00z IAD sounding) continues to lead to some
organization. Activity expected to weaken over the next few
hours as instability/inhibition continues to wane/increase.

You guys dont usually see me outside of the winter. But I had to share with my fellow weather freaks. I had a tornado come right in front of my house this evening. Craziest wind I have ever felt in my life. It actually chased me into the house. And I NEVER go inside during a good T-storm. A few uprooted trees, busted windows and missing screens. But no major damage.  A neighbor 2 streets over caught a pic of it while it was over my neighbors house across the street. My first tornado. It was AWESOME!

18814737_10155292741483419_7702672524533982462_o.jpg

11 minutes ago, yoda said:

Wow... nice pic and I am sure you enjoyed seeing a tornado :)

Did you send it to LWX yet?

Its not my picture but I know NBC4 and ABC7 have requested it for tonights broadcast. And as far as "seeing" it. I couldnt see anything at all. Being inside of it all I saw was a wall of rain and sideways trees. It went about 50 yards from my house and I literally had to run inside once the wind felt like it was going to pick me up. Crazy stuff. And this was a baby tornado. I cant imagine what the big ones are like.

had to turn ac on to kill moisture/humidity in the house.  

longer we go into the year with this damp chilly the longer we will go with hot and warmth well into december.  

this weekend is looking crappy, (sunday is my only day off)  and next week is not looking good temp.

im thinking shorts a short sleeves for jan 2018   

63/62

.02 rain  

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived