Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Obs/Disco Thread

George BM

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Looks like a wet week.

p120i.gif.5af6bf501052b78bf637fbb46ffa3553.gif

And we'll be lucky to hit 80. I'll take it. What a great weekend to complete all yard projects. Heck, the entire spring was great. Plenty of cool days and nicely spaced rain. I kicked my yard's ass this year. I finished moving shrubs, planting new ones, and patching sod this weekend. Wife and I agreed that our property looks better than at anytime in the last 14 years since we bought the place. The only job left is to plant our chili pepper plants that should be here tomorrow.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

And we'll be lucky to hit 80. I'll take it. What a great weekend to complete all yard projects. Heck, the entire spring was great. Plenty of cool days and nicely spaced rain. I kicked my yard's ass this year. I finished moving shrubs, planting new ones, and patching sod this weekend. Wife and I agreed that our property looks better than at anytime in the last 14 years since we bought the place. The only job left is to plant our chili pepper plants that should be here tomorrow.

Yeah this has been a really great stretch. Ripped off all my deck and porch railing and doing a clean ultra cool industrial-rustic look with wood and stainless steel.

Got plenty of yard work done, just wish I had the time and money to completely eliminate all the grass- would love a hardscape with plants and flower beds. Being in the woods, plus all the relentless moles, makes having nice grass impossible. 

eta- I didn't mind the 3 days of heat at all, still was outside getting stuff done. Of course knowing it was going to be brief was nice lol. It will be the norm soon enough.

14 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Looks like a wet week.

p120i.gif.5af6bf501052b78bf637fbb46ffa3553.gif

Had a 3 day weekend (Fri - Sun) camping trip planned for last weekend and canceled it due to rain and now we are looking at this for our 6 day trip planned for this Wed-Monday. Just can't win. At least it looks as if we will only have really crappy weather for the first half of the trip though the second half looks somewhat unsettled as well. 

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Looks like WPC backed off a little on qpf ..

p120i.gif?1495451592

Every little bit helps I guess but overall it looks like crappy weather with some brief periods of less crappy weather. Guess I will take up a larger supply of liquid fortification then I normally would so I have enough to drink as we spend most of the time in the trailer watching movies.

2 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Things trending drier for this week, WPC really cut back on the 7-day QPF maps.  Going down to Ocean City starting next Tuesday so I hope we finally get rid of this perpetual gray and gloomy pattern.

A week away so it could change but doesn't look promising when you see both the GFS and the Euro dropping another trough into the region early next week.

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Weekend is looking nice though.

Seeing already a 50% chance f rain Sunday! Hope it changes!

Saturday Night
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 61. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Sunday
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 78. Chance of precipitation is 50%

At least Dale City will stay dry thru tomorrow. I dont know where the NWS is getting their 80 percent pops of rain today from. I think all of those meteorologists should go back to met school for the next billion years.

Then again, a weatherman's job is as safe as a Redskin's job: Weather man can predict rain day after day and be wrong every time, and their job is secure.

Redskins can lose as many football games as they want and still get paid millions of dollars each season.

What do meteorologists care anyway? They dont. They got massive job security.

KLWX meteorological staff: "This system developing over the Carolinas - Hey lets mess with the Jebman again! We have not heard from him on AmEx for a while - Love to hear him cry about the record drought in north Virginia lmao! Let's indicate in his area forecast that he has an 80 percent chance of steady rain today and tonight, we know the storm is fighting dry air and Dale City wont see any rain til late next week! He'll be back on AmEx to complain, its fun to read and laugh at him. Besides, our jobs are safe no matter how bad we **** up on his forecast! There's no better job security than in meteorology. We know this rain is moving out to sea this afternoon and tonight. Poor Jeb, he'll get no rain at all from an 80 percent forecast lol. The best part of all is that poor Jeb will be right on the northwestern edge of the deform as it moves out to sea - no rain at all, while places to his east will get inches of welcome beneficial rains. Ha, ha, ha."

Well there you have it. We can pretty much count on just cool weather, variable clouds, and mostly no rain in north Virginia thru the holiday weekend.

Meteorologists just throw darts at a big board, then forecast whatever the dart sticks on.

80 percent rain today and tonight - GIVE ME A FRIGGIN BREAK!!! I have not seen one damned drop of rain today! The storm is not slowing down. It is moving due EAST, out to sea! Where the hell do these mets get their 'degree' from? the interwebs?

Well the wet week has verified as forecast. 0.85" with this event so far, to go along with 2.2" from earlier in the week. Closing in on 7" for the month. I guess it was needed. April was pretty darn dry. But damn, can we get a nice Memorial Day weekend please?

On 5/13/2017 at 8:29 AM, PrinceFrederickWx said:

This May sucks just like last year.

This was a good call. 7.52" for the month so far. 12 of 25 days with measurable rain. Naturally the few days without 60 and rain just had to blowtorch to 90+. We just can't do climo 70's and sun in late spring anymore, nope- it's too hard!

Really we've gotten this awful pattern here three years in a row now (except in 2015 it happened in June, not May).

Sorry I'm in a bad mood. This spring has been garbage.

Eta: the best spring month this year was actually... February. lol

1.08" today, .55" yesterday.  This was a God-send to wash away the pollen.  Started a new job, which requires a lot of time on the manufacturing floor in a non-air-conditioned building.  This week has been great.  Last week was a challenge.  Keep this weather coming.  Maybe give us a sunny 3-day weekend for WxLvr, Mappy, EJ, and Baltimore Zen's sake.

2 hours ago, dailylurker said:

Looks like it's clouded back up for the day. I'm getting tired of these clouds every day.

That's pretty typical the day or two after big rains.  The ground is just so saturated the sun warms it up and causes these self destructive cumulus clouds.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived