Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Obs/Disco Thread

George BM

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Sparky said:

Feels pretty warm out (88 degrees) but my house still feels cool.  Must be those triple paned okna windows I had installed.

We got new windows in December.  In the past on a day like this with the thermostat set at 78 through 4pm, the AC would be running until 7-8pm to catch up.  Got home today, it was only 76 in the house and AC has only run sporadically since i got home.

Dunno about DCA - still 84 with that breeze off the river.  Baltimore made it and Dulles is close.

How crazy is that 6-12" of snow in Denver after being in the 70s until yesterday?  Here's a town in the foothills to the west:

This Afternoon
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 31. North wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 16 to 22 inches possible.
Tonight
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Steady temperature around 24. North wind 7 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.
Friday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 31. North wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

59 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Dunno about DCA - still 84 with that breeze off the river.  Baltimore made it and Dulles is close.

How crazy is that 6-12" of snow in Denver after being in the 70s until yesterday?  Here's a town in the foothills to the west:

This Afternoon
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 31. North wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 16 to 22 inches possible.
Tonight
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Steady temperature around 24. North wind 7 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.
Friday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 31. North wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

I just got off the phone with my brother who lives in Ft Collins (60 miles north of Denver) and he reported 1/10 mile vis and ping-pong ball sized snowflakes (4"+ on grass already).  They live on the west end of the city, close to the foothills so they expect anywhere from 8-18" of limb-snapping snow.  My daughter just committed to enroll at Colorado State and i teased her this morning about their crazy weather swings.

13 hours ago, BlizzardNole said:

This Afternoon
Tonight
Friday

I'm available for emergency dig out operations.

Man does it feel tropical outside!  It's just 81, but the humidity is high after the half-inch of rain yesterday evening and there is no wind.  Feels like full on mid-summer.

I'm glad to see the excessive heat go, but I'm not happy about a back-door cold front weekend. :fulltilt:

Just found out my wife's aunt from Philly is visiting her daughter out in Denver -- talk about getting a facefull of how wild that climate can be.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived