Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Obs/Disco Thread

George BM

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Early Thurs morning, had training thunderstorms, heavy rain, picked up an amazing 2.5 inches of rain! Ground is SATURATED. I noticed to day during my jebwalk that many creeks rose at least 3-4 feet. Friday night/Saturday will be entertaining! Low 50s today were very enjoyable!

9 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

If I'm out west looking up at clouds and sun while this region is rocking with tropical I won't come back. 

We don't do tropical well in this region during the height of the season let alone this early. Can probably count on one hand the times we have had a somewhat meaningful impact from a system in my 45+ years I have lived in the area. So I wouldn't sweat it.

7 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

1.5".  Nice pollen cleanser. Too bad I'm in Blacksburg now, where it didn't rain today.  Left home at noon 53F and pouring rain.  70F and dry by the time we got south of Harrisonburg, and sunny and 83F by the time we got near Roanoke.  

Have you considered you may be the jinx?

1.0 on the dot from yesterday -- looking for 0.5-1.0 tonight/tomorrow.  May is looking good in the rainfall dept, but man I hate swinging back and forth from 40s/50/s and upper 80s.  May looks good on paper with highs averaging in the 70s, but we that "average" comes from cold, dreary days like today and late next week when we flirt with 90.

31 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

After this hit you will be counting on 2 hands Showme. ..lol. A Mid atlantic hit incoming. Only 11-12 days away.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_eus_42.png

Gefs ensembles Sure like this period fwiw.  I was half joking but check it out.

Latest 6z...

gfs-ememb_lowlocs_us_46.png

It's that time of year again. May is the peak month of GFS ghost storm season... that oddly always seem to come our way in fantasy range. ;) 

The bigger news would be if it didn't show something at some point for this area one May.

9 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

1.5".  Nice pollen cleanser. Too bad I'm in Blacksburg now, where it didn't rain today.  Left home at noon 53F and pouring rain.  70F and dry by the time we got south of Harrisonburg, and sunny and 83F by the time we got near Roanoke.  

Looks like the warm front was laid out right from I-64 back to US 250

Nice cool day, with steady rain and those wonderful battleship gray skies that I love so much. Soaking it up, enjoying to the max, because I know all too well whats on tap for this upcoming week.

Mappy will be very happy about the upcoming week, though.

Upper level low is diving SOUTH into Louisiana, I had held out hope for a stronger coastal storm for us, but what I think the ULL going much farther south means for us is the storm will end for us by 5am Saturday, partly cloudy and 80 and humid in DCA by 3pm Saturday afternoon , and it will move much faster to the north into Boston, which will get the 9 inches of rain I craved so much.

Boston ALWAYS wins. They get all the heavy rain, and they get all the heavy snow. Weathafella has a storm magnet.

28 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

There has been a lot of rain overnight in Baltimore - seems like the models did fine and also drought has to be over.

Yeah, I was surprised this morning when I found .74" in the gauge, and nearly 1.5" over the past two days. It's perfect for the newly sodded areas from the sewer line replacement.

It's also good weather for the spring exterior house cleaning. No sun means no white residue.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived