CITY           SKY/WX    TMP DP  RH WIND       PRES   REMARKS
NIAGARA FALLS  LGT RAIN  59  51  75 SW8G17    29.97R
BUFFALO        PTSUNNY   61  50  67 SW12      29.96F
DUNKIRK        MOSUNNY   62  52  69 W15G25    30.01R
JAMESTOWN      CLOUDY    57  46  67 W10G17    30.02R
WELLSVILLE     CLOUDY    55  50  83 W12G20    30.01R
ROCHESTER      CLOUDY    61  47  59 W13G18    29.96R
PENN YAN       MOSUNNY   66  45  46 SW12      29.95F

I was in the car when one of our T-storms came through.  Dropped the temp to 51F on the car thermometer at about 2:30 pm.  Really felt like October out there today.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, cny rider said:

Another beautiful fall morning out there.

49F when I left for work.  Rode my bicycle to work in tights, long sleeve wool jersey and gloves.

I love that in October, but I need to have a summer first.  This one is starting to slip though our fingers.

Trof after trof after trof after trof...Complete opposite of what we experienced all winter.  Always my fear when we torch November through March.  Hit spring and the script flips, and the pattern does everything in it's power to create trofs in the GL's/Northeast.  Seasons rebelling against seasons...too mild for any sustained snow pack/ice cover in winter, too cool for any sustained pool/beach time in summer.  

From 6-30

949   HILL CORNERS FULTON NY 4302 7416 CONFIRMED EF-1. NO INJURIES. NO FATALITIES. MAX WINDS 90 MPH. PATH LENGTH ONE QUARTER MILE. PATH WIDTH 50 YARDS. A NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SURVEY TEAM INSPECTED DAMAGE (ALY)
2045   1 NNE ONEIDA CASTLE ONEIDA NY 4310 7563 A TORNADO TOUCHED DOWN AT 445 PM EDT JUNE 30TH 2017 NEAR THE INTERSECTION OF FOX ROAD AND ROUTE 365 FEW MILES SOUTHWEST OF VERONA ... NY IN ONEIDA COUNTY. THE TORNADO KN (BGM)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2017 at 4:45 PM, BuffaloWeather said:

The year without a summer I think is whats coming. At least nothing in comparison to how hot last year was. I'd take last years summer every year if I could. 

Temps I guess have been fairly close to normal, so not a total disaster.  But...what amazes me for about the last 3 months is the persistent NW flow/trof in our area.  Nothing seems to budge this pattern - atmosphere wants to continually default to a trof over/near us.  Which sux for those of us who like at least a few hot spells during our short summers...

8 hours ago, vortmax said:

When is KBUF gonna get their radar reliably functioning?? Flash flooding situation and no radar...just ridiculous, unprofessional, and potentially dangerous.

Not just KBUF they need to upgrade our radar systems ASAP!  The current technology is almost 30 years old!  Here is a current look at radar sites across the US.  16 sites down.  7.8% out of service... This year KBUF has gone down too many times to count.  Wonder what would happen if one of these failures occurred during a major lake effect event? 

IMG_1313.PNG

The National Weather Service in Buffalo has issued a

* Tornado Warning for...
  Southwestern Wyoming County in western New York...
  Northeastern Cattaraugus County in western New York...
  Southeastern Erie County in western New York...

* Until 100 PM EDT.

* At 1236 PM EDT, a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a
  tornado was located over Hamburg, moving east at 40 mph.

HAZARD...Tornado.

SOURCE...Radar indicated rotation.

IMPACT...Flying debris will be dangerous to those caught without
           shelter. Mobile homes will be damaged or destroyed.
           Damage to roofs, windows, and vehicles will occur.  Tree
           damage is likely.

* Locations impacted include...
  West Seneca, Lackawanna, Hamburg, East Aurora, Boston, Eden, Colden
  and Orchard Park.

Archived