May 2017 Discussion

Jonger

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

That is a fire tanker in this photo. 

IMG_1393.JPG

Yeah it was no joke yesterday.  Pretty crazy.  I couldn't believe how many tractors I saw out in the fields during that.  Many are still rushing to get the crops in due to all the rain in past weeks.  I think a lot of farmers around here lost some top soil yesterday, and it's probably up in Wisconsin about now lol.

16 hours ago, Stebo said:

You said highs in the 60s, which isn't going to be right outside of a few days and you also said until the end of the month which isn't going to be right. I don't care about departures most of the month already has happened. I care about what is coming.

The predominate pattern for the rest of the month is troughing and yes, there will be 60's. 

29 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

EPS wasn't really on board with the op, so we'll see.

If you look at the individual members, it is a couple of really cold members sinking the mean. Most are at normal and some above normal. Kind of like a SREF run for snow that goes 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 12 21. :lol:

2 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

^Wow, that's crazy.  It's almost June lol. 

Yep, it's damn cold. 33 with a wind chill of 27 currently, and not a lot of warmth in the upcoming forecast either.

Tonight
A chance of rain and snow showers before 8pm. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming clear, with a low around 31.
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 48. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
Saturday
Showers, mainly after 2pm. High near 51. East wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Sunday
A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 56.
Monday
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 55.
Tuesday
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 51.
Wednesday
Partly sunny, with a high near 52.
Thursday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 56.

My high overachieved for the 2nd time with 30ºC feeling like 35C early on. Yesterday was also the same and the first 30ºC reading of the year...about on schedule. This pattern I've noticed with the PMX engine values from The Weather Network is still 90% of the time true: take stock of what its showing 2 or 3 days before a given day but ignore the temp and condition 1 day before or the morning of IF its different by >2ºC either way from Days 2 or 3 before. It was showing 29ºC for both the last few days and then changed 1 day before to 26ºC and some condition that wasn't on point. No storms at all or rain. It was very windy in the early afternoon and early evening...dust clouds were being thrown up and pollen spores spread.

These borderline cooler conditions that I hope ends up being just average climo wise, needs to pack it in because the best month of the year is now 12 days away.

impressive total.. 

Mosquito's in the MW are going to be thick as a GHD Sleet storm this summer   What a difference a yr makes.  Last summer - Zero Mosquito's and only cut the grass a handful of times after late spring.  Cutting the grass every 3 days now. 

We drought last yr.

Yeah they will really be looking to latch on until it warms back up.   What's it look like next weekend?

To bad they can't move the Cub/Crew series to miller park today and tomorrow.

42 at noon.   I liked it better when I was the rare warmest a few days back.

Archived